Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

In short, she seems very interested in person and fairly when we messaged for a bit. I asked her out to do something and she asked if she could invite her friend (have spent time with them both but alone also so it would not be the first time really).

I can't really think of why she'd ask other than me reading the situation wrong. Ideas?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you had asked her on a date and she asked if she could invite her friend, then that's not a good sign.

Perhaps you misinterpreted her friendliness as a sign of interest?

(Original post by UWS)
    If you had asked her on a date and she asked if she could invite her friend, then that's not a good sign.

Perhaps you misinterpreted her friendliness as a sign of interest?
    I mean I guess I didn't explicitly ask her out on a date but it was clearlyish implied & she's not seeing anyone. Without going into excessive detail the way she's acted, how her friends have acted when I am there with her and such considering we have met relatively recently heavily indicated otherwise.

But I could have misread, it just seems contrary to everything else. A friend who has seen us said to me, without me saying anything, that she is interested and asked if I like her. He said that she might just be nervous but idk how plausible that is.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Hmmmm, she probabely felt like the meet up would be awkward, so inviting her friend will make her feel more comfortable around you, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as said above I think there might be some miscommunication regarding the purpose of your invitation. If, somehow, you ARE both on the same page and this is a romantic date, then I would still think it's a bit inappropriate for her to invite her friend along... Does she need her friend to hold her hand? that'd turn me right off

ReputationRep:
    maybe she's suggesting a polygamous relationship.

(Original post by num.7)
    maybe she's suggesting a polygamous relationship.
    😂😂 I think her friend has a bf tbh, would be polygamouseption then

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Hmmmm, she probabely felt like the meet up would be awkward, so inviting her friend will make her feel more comfortable around you, maybe?
    Perhaps, I mean the times we have spent time as just us it has been of her own volition half the time.

(Original post by jordon1703)
    Yeah, as said above I think there might be some miscommunication regarding the purpose of your invitation. If, somehow, you ARE both on the same page and this is a romantic date, then I would still think it's a bit inappropriate for her to invite her friend along... Does she need her friend to hold her hand? that'd turn me right off
    I guess I'll see what happens and take it from there, if she was nervous I would not be turned off, not ideal but if it is just this time then I wouldn't mind so much. Perhaps she wanted to see the film also.

As when talking about what we could do she suggested a particular film she wanted to see & said I could teach her to ice skate also like I did another sport (how we met)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.