Turn on thread page Beta

Do easygym have showers that you can lock? watch

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to public showers.

Additional question, is it weird to change inside the shower?

Also, are there any gym etiquette I should be aware of?

I know I'm supposed to wipe the equipment I use after I use them, put weights back in correct place, keep stuff in locker and not to stare at anyone (especially in the changing rooms).

Anything else?

Ty

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so but they're usually glass therefore people can see when someone is inside using one (although they won't be able to see you fully naked don't worry)

why would you want to change in the showers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    I don't think so but they're usually glass therefore people can see when someone is inside using one (although they won't be able to see you fully naked don't worry)

why would you want to change in the showers??
    really? the website says it has private cubicles. I'd like to change in the shower because I'm self conscious of my body >.> and...the glass showers, really? are you sure that's easygym?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ua3142)
    really? the website says it has private cubicles. I'd like to change in the shower because I'm self conscious of my body >.> and...the glass showers, really? are you sure that's easygym?
    yeah they are private cubicle but with stained glass, therefore you can tell someone is in there but they won't be able to see your whole body so don't worry about it.

are you male or female? either way theres absolutely no reason to be self-conscious in a locker room gym. for starters the changing rooms are pretty massive and depending on the time you go in, chances are there won't be many other people changing next to you. and even if there is, its people the same gender who are there for the same reasons. when i went to the gym there used to be massive women walking around completely naked, no one batted an eyelid or said anything.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they are private cubicle but with stained glass, therefore you can tell someone is in there but they won't be able to see your whole body so don't worry about it.

are you male or female? either way theres absolutely no reason to be self-conscious in a locker room gym. for starters the changing rooms are pretty massive and depending on the time you go in, chances are there won't be many other people changing next to you. and even if there is, its people the same gender who are there for the same reasons. when i went to the gym there used to be massive women walking around completely naked, no one batted an eyelid or said anything.
    I'm a guy, I know there isn't a reason to feel self-conscious but I am. Also, went to a gym for one day a few years back and...was scarred for life. Never went again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, but I know there isn't a reason to feel self-conscious but I am. Also, went to a gym for one day a few years back and...was scarred for life. Never went again.
    what happened?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, but I know there isn't a reason to feel self-conscious but I am. Also, went to a gym for one day a few years back and...was scarred for life. Never went again.
    People have bad experiences everywhere, you should never let it put you off for life. I'm sure what happened there won't happen again.

ReputationRep:
    People have bad experiences everywhere, you should never let it put you off for life. I'm sure what happened there won't happen again.
    you nailed it on that head. funny how the internet works, found this video on youtube recommended and it turns out to be really really helpful. Ty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o268qbb_0BM
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MyFightSong)
    what happened?
    Bummed by Big Steve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Bummed by Big Steve.
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyFightSong)
    :giggle:
    WHAT!?! No bumming involved... it was just hanging about ffs
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.