Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to work out if I will be able to afford to go to bath university was wondering what the cheaper options are for halls accommodation in my first year as the website didn't have specific prices. What is the cheapest single accommodation (non-catering)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by gewd11)
    I am trying to work out if I will be able to afford to go to bath university was wondering what the cheaper options are for halls accommodation in my first year as the website didn't have specific prices. What is the cheapest single accommodation (non-catering)
    Price list is here:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-info...-2017-to-2018/

£106.50 for a single or £70 for shared. Self catered.

A lot are much more expensive.
    Think carefully before sharing a room.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi, thanks for your question!

The previous poster correctly gave the link to the prices and that the cheapest, non-shared room is £106.50 a week and this is Eastwood houses 1-21. These rooms are less expensive than the other Eastwood houses because they do not have sinks in the rooms and the houses do not get cleaned.

However, the link to these prices are for the previous academic year. Prices for 2018/19 have yet to be announced, so keep checking the website for the more recent prices.

Bath can often be more expensive than other universities in some senses but there are scholarships and bursaries that you may be eligible to apply for. This information can be found here.

If you have any more questions about accommodation or the University of Bath in general, please let me know.

Leah
    1st Year Chemical Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have firmed an offer for BSc international development with economics and I’m very happy!

I am strongly considering shared room accommodation at bath uni. Especially the one offering an ensuite and part catering for a very r reasonable price.
    I have been trying to research but all I’ve seen online is negative opinions of shared room accommodation.
    I was just wondering if anyone has lived (or knows anyone who has) in shared rooms. (How big are shared rooms at bath?)

I am very sociable and tolerant of others so don’t think I would find sharing a problem especially as I am spending the entire summer with a roommate

Any opinions or help would be great before I make the big decision!!
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jazzjsaunders)
    Hiya I have firmed an offer for BSc international development with economics and I’m very happy!

I am strongly considering shared room accommodation at bath uni. Especially the one offering an ensuite and part catering for a very r reasonable price.
    I have been trying to research but all I’ve seen online is negative opinions of shared room accommodation.
    I was just wondering if anyone has lived (or knows anyone who has) in shared rooms. (How big are shared rooms at bath?)

I am very sociable and tolerant of others so don’t think I would find sharing a problem especially as I am spending the entire summer with a roommate

Any opinions or help would be great before I make the big decision!!
    Thanks
    Hey!

First of all, congrats on your offer!

I have a friend who stayed in shared accommodation in first year and she seemed to get on well with her roommate, so not everyone's experiences are negative! However, there are a couple of things I would consider, for example, will you be happy sharing with someone that likes to go out every night and may be coming back early in the morning?

Also, it may be worth thinking about how you like to work - many students in first year study in their rooms. However, there are lots of study spaces on campus so I'm sure you can find somewhere private to study if this is how you like to work - for example, there are silent areas in the library.

If you really think it is the best option for you, as you are used to having a roommate, then go for it!

Good luck with your decision,

Alice
    2nd Year Management

University open days

1. University of Bath
    Main University Open Day covering all Undergraduate faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.