Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Doesn’t it just frustrate you when you’re in the exam and get a question that you have not covered in lesson or your teacher hasn’t gone over it.. Then I feel you!

Okay.. so according to teachers, I’m going to fail my exams because my teacher won’t cover the topics due to my “classmates” are rude and talks to much..
    Oh I’m sorry, I should be the one taking care of them because I’m the ONE to teach.. I find these teachers unqualified and should not be able to teach any students at all.. Why should I fail my exams because the teacher is sick of telling my “classmates” to be quiet..
    They’ve got soooo many ways of stopping them, such as calling the principal, detention or calling their parents.. But surprisingly, these options are too weak and it would be way better to threaten the whole class instead..
    I mean “oh I’m so scared you’re not gonna teach us”... Does it really look like these kind of people are here to so call “learn”??

There should be done something about this, but I guess the government and the principal can’t just be bothered
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Use your own initiative instead.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeghansen)
    Doesn’t it just frustrate you when you’re in the exam and get a question that you have not covered in lesson or your teacher hasn’t gone over it.. Then I feel you!

Okay.. so according to teachers, I’m going to fail my exams because my teacher won’t cover the topics due to my “classmates” are rude and talks to much..
    Oh I’m sorry, I should be the one taking care of them because I’m the ONE to teach.. I find these teachers unqualified and should not be able to teach any students at all.. Why should I fail my exams because the teacher is sick of telling my “classmates” to be quiet..
    They’ve got soooo many ways of stopping them, such as calling the principal, detention or calling their parents.. But surprisingly, these options are too weak and it would be way better to threaten the whole class instead..
    I mean “oh I’m so scared you’re not gonna teach us”... Does it really look like these kind of people are here to so call “learn”??

There should be done something about this, but I guess the government and the principal can’t just be bothered
    This is extremely frustrating, I agree.
    Collective punishment shouldn't be used for the actions of a few, and it sounds like your teacher is just sick and tired of those who don't want to learn.
    What year are you currently in? Secondary school or college?
    If you're in college, the teachers always have a right to kick students out, as those who want to attend, do, and those who don't, well there's no point saving a space for someone who doesn't care.
    You can try talking to your teacher about your feelings as a first course of action, but if nothing comes out of it, you can try talking to the principal.
    Meanwhile, you should check the teaching spec of your course, (usually teachers go through it on the first ever lesson anyway, so you might have it somewhere, if not, you can google the name of your exam board, subject and spec) and look through what you have and haven't covered so far.
    If your teacher refuses to teach, you might find it beneficial to buy some revision guides or textbooks and teach yourself, or see if your library has any you could loan (and take pictures of 👀).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildPyromancer)
    This is extremely frustrating, I agree.
    Collective punishment shouldn't be used for the actions of a few, and it sounds like your teacher is just sick and tired of those who don't want to learn.
    What year are you currently in? Secondary school or college?
    If you're in college, the teachers always have a right to kick students out, as those who want to attend, do, and those who don't, well there's no point saving a space for someone who doesn't care.
    You can try talking to your teacher about your feelings as a first course of action, but if nothing comes out of it, you can try talking to the principal.
    Meanwhile, you should check the teaching spec of your course, (usually teachers go through it on the first ever lesson anyway, so you might have it somewhere, if not, you can google the name of your exam board, subject and spec) and look through what you have and haven't covered so far.
    If your teacher refuses to teach, you might find it beneficial to buy some revision guides or textbooks and teach yourself, or see if your library has any you could loan (and take pictures of 👀).
    This is really useful advice, checking the specifaction for each of your subjects is always useful as some members of teaching staff will teach to a pass rather than teaching the full content. Also practicing exam questions at home and learning what the question is asking. If your unshore approach the teacher directly after lesson to ask, theres no harm in asking. If there is another teacher in the department you would feel more comfortable with then asking them is also a good idea, as long as its not every 30 seconds they are normally more than happy to help. (This is not a quote for people to start complaining about how their staff won't help, cause there is always one legend in each department) .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    That doesn't really sound very professional but it's easily worked around with minimal fuss. Get hold of the specification and highlight anything not covered yet, or not covered in enough depth for you to feel confident if the topic came up in the exam. You then have a couple of options.

First, you could talk to the teacher involved and ask them to cover those topics with you either as a group or one-on-one.

Secondly, you can go over your teachers head and talk to their departmental head or somebody else with responsibility.

Finally, you could suck it up and self-teach.

ReputationRep:
    Although self-teaching may seem a frustrating solution, it could be the only one for this situation. You don't want an unprofessional teacher to have a negative impact on your eventual GCSE results.
    The advice on getting the spec and working through that is very good. For example, I've attached the AQA Biology Spec that I use as a checklist. You can get similar ones on every topic and they're great to ensure you've covered all the content / highlight the holes in knowledge.
    Once you've identified these gaps, you can then find pretty decent resources online. Can get those for free, or can pay for the revision guides. I find freesciencelessons on YouTube pretty good at explaining a topic, and also this website is apparently going to do most GCSE subjects for free: https://senecalearning.com/ Exam board specific content, explaining all you have to know about each topic and then testing you extensively on it so that you actually fully understand and remember. It's meant to launch in the next 2 weeks, so worth signing up now for !
    There's so much stuff online, though, so just have a browse around until you find something that works for you. Don't allow this teacher to beat you!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Biology AQA SPEC .compressed.pdf (218.0 KB, 29 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Use your own initiative instead.
    I don't really get why he should have to in the first place, what are teachers even there for?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.