Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever look down on a person or perhaps treat them differently if you found out that they had started seeing a psychologist?

I'm seeing one soon and she thought it would be good for me to talk about it but I don't think I bring myself to do it as I would be worried about all the judgement

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really care, they are there for a reason. If people do look down on you for it, don't be worried about their judgement because at the end of the day, they are the dicks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tom,
    Talking to people about your problems really does help, but i wouldn't go telling the world. Close friends, if they really are, will help you through this difficult time. Seeing a psychologist is nothing to be affraid of. If they are looking down on you then faff em, if someone is offering you help grab with both hands. Good luck with the psychologist and i hope you get the help you need.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I wouldn't look down on them. I've been seeing a psychologist once a week for over a year.

Are you doing CBT or just someone to talk to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Nope, I wouldn't look down on them. I've been seeing a psychologist once a week for over a year.

Are you doing CBT or just someone to talk to?
    just talk

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'd be impressed that they found the courage to seek help in the first place because it's not easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Honestly, I'd be impressed that they found the courage to seek help in the first place because it's not easy
    thanks, it was more, they suggested it to me than me seeking it out

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.