So I got an email entailing when my GCSE exams are;

Law.

AQA- 14-MAY. AM

AQA- 17- MAY. PM

MATH

EDEXCEL- 24-MAY. AM

EDEXCEL- 07-JUN. AM

EDEXCEL- 12-JUN. AM

Imma be frank with ya'll I haven't revised for s*it what do I do now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringAccount

Law.

AQA- 14-MAY. AM

AQA- 17- MAY. PM

MATH

EDEXCEL- 24-MAY. AM

EDEXCEL- 07-JUN. AM

EDEXCEL- 12-JUN. AM

My dude u gotta chill- I didn’t revise for GCSEs until like 2 weeks before and let’s just say I did very good- if you’re worried then set apart some time for yourself to study at home everyday and listen carefully to the teachers and ask questions if you don’t understand something. Legit the only people who should be worrying at this stage are the A levelers ie moi
Reply 2
CHILL YOUR BEANS!
If you believe something will happen then it will happen, theres no point sitting there propcrastinating about the negitive aspects, hit those textbooks. Do you have a revision strategy, have you done a revision timetable? There is no point fussing over the "What If's" just get your head down, if you want help with revision techniques, in March i'm going to be posting on my facebook page @TeachingHelpService on a Wednesday with the #humpdayhelp feature which will show a new set of techniques each week. Now you've finished reading this get revising!! Best of Look Tom @THS
Reply 3
better start revising. you've got plenty of time
Original post by geometric
My dude u gotta chill- I didn’t revise for GCSEs until like 2 weeks before and let’s just say I did very good- if you’re worried then set apart some time for yourself to study at home everyday and listen carefully to the teachers and ask questions if you don’t understand something. Legit the only people who should be worrying at this stage are the A levelers ie moi

Yeah I guess your right sh*t I feel bad now.
Yeah I guess your right sh*t I feel bad now.

DONT FEEL BAD MY CHILD just think of all the time you have to revise!! Panic over!
Original post by THS2018
CHILL YOUR BEANS!
If you believe something will happen then it will happen, theres no point sitting there propcrastinating about the negitive aspects, hit those textbooks. Do you have a revision strategy, have you done a revision timetable? There is no point fussing over the "What If's" just get your head down, if you want help with revision techniques, in March i'm going to be posting on my facebook page @TeachingHelpService on a Wednesday with the #humpdayhelp feature which will show a new set of techniques each week. Now you've finished reading this get revising!! Best of Look Tom @THS

Firstly, thanks for the solid advice and it's a no to both questions. I will definitely check out your facebook page when it goes live. You know I need them techniques. Thanks.
DONT FEEL BAD MY CHILD just think of all the time you have to revise!! Panic over!

Yo thanks g a bit weird but I dig it. The thing is I can't focus too well.
If you feel like you should start revising, just revise

Honestly, I barely revised for GCSEs and still did well, I was even in the pub watching Wales play football the night before my History exam, there's nothing to worry about, you have plenty of time
Original post by TrelaiBoy
If you feel like you should start revising, just revise

Honestly, I barely revised for GCSEs and still did well, I was even in the pub watching Wales play football the night before my History exam, there's nothing to worry about, you have plenty of time

dude your lucky. That's all I gotta say.
Simple. Start revising now, then thank me later.
dude your lucky. That's all I gotta say.

Honestly, you shouldn't worry so much, I know it seems like a lot now but if you start revising now you'll get the grades you want with ease, trust me.

You have just under 3 months until your first exam, plenty of time to put a plan together regarding revision and execute that plan

Good luck :smile:
easier said then done. Thing is I can't seem to focus.
Reply 13

Law.

AQA- 14-MAY. AM

AQA- 17- MAY. PM

MATH

EDEXCEL- 24-MAY. AM

EDEXCEL- 07-JUN. AM

EDEXCEL- 12-JUN. AM

The single best thing you can do is create a revision plan. I've attached my GCSE revision plan from when I was in year 11 for reference if you need. In retrospect, I should have planned by week rather than day for more flexibility.

The worst thing you can do apart from not doing anything at all is just 'revise'. You'll alternate between stressing out and working much harder and later than you should and getting distracted and not doing enough. Planning your revision also has the advantage that you can be sure that you'll have done all of the revision that you need by the time you get to your exams.

As you can see my revision plan started in March so if you're starting now, you have nothing to worry about.

The other thing to note is that it ends at the start of May. After that, I planned my revision by the hour, doing past papers and exam practice mostly. I'd aim to try and make sure all content is covered by May if you can.

From the sound of it, you're very stressed out already. I'd recommend learning to meditate. There are some good guided meditation apps available if you don't know where to start. 10% happier and Calm are both good. If you set aside 5-10 minutes a day for that, it'll really help you calm down and focus.

I hope that helps!
Original post by joey-G
The single best thing you can do is create a revision plan. I've attached my GCSE revision plan from when I was in year 11 for reference if you need. In retrospect, I should have planned by week rather than day for more flexibility.

The worst thing you can do apart from not doing anything at all is just 'revise'. You'll alternate between stressing out and working much harder and later than you should and getting distracted and not doing enough. Planning your revision also has the advantage that you can be sure that you'll have done all of the revision that you need by the time you get to your exams.

As you can see my revision plan started in March so if you're starting now, you have nothing to worry about.

The other thing to note is that it ends at the start of May. After that, I planned my revision by the hour, doing past papers and exam practice mostly. I'd aim to try and make sure all content is covered by May if you can.

From the sound of it, you're very stressed out already. I'd recommend learning to meditate. There are some good guided meditation apps available if you don't know where to start. 10% happier and Calm are both good. If you set aside 5-10 minutes a day for that, it'll really help you calm down and focus.

I hope that helps!

Damn your revision plan is well thought out and I see what your saying about the meditation? This has helped immensely. Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to close this thread.
Good Luck xx

Let’s just say that isn’t recommended at all though. It can be done, but really no one should do the same thing just because they saw this. Not everyone is that smart lol

What did you get at GCSE's?
Original post by s.m30
What did you get at GCSE's?

8 A*s, 2As and a B (further maths bleargh)
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
Let’s just say that isn’t recommended at all though. It can be done, but really no one should do the same thing just because they saw this. Not everyone is that smart lol

Thanks my brother- I guess you’re right (and it was a very stressful two weeks now that I think about it)

Quick Reply