The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Scholarship about chosen course

I sat down while thinking about injustice and human rights issues are rampant around me with powerless action and inability to curb and avoid it occurs. Law touches almost every single thing in our life and it constantly evolving to keep up with current society such as our privacy, issues on religion and basic human rights. Thus, I am keen to help a decent people from being treating falsely and irresponsible actions. I was determined to pursue law which allowed me to curb the injustice from happening repetitively regardless of religion, race and country. To be successful in law, it requires me to be excellent in academic. So, having studied various law subjects such as Malaysian Legal System, Administrative Law and Business Law, I became interested to know more about the legal profession. The excellent grades that I have achieved in the law subjects have helped me build up my confidence and foundation to pursue law. I have begun to devote my time to reading numerous case laws and legal articles such as prisoner’s rights as an introductory reading towards better understanding of the law relating to human rights and the theories relating to justice, fairness and equality. Additionally, I had joined actively in Malay debate competitions until now. In debate, each word used can make or break a tournament. This shows that I need to be wise in communicating my thoughts to the public and trained me to have a strong argumentation, interpret information and make decisions logically and swiftly. Apart from my academic life, I am also involve in community services and a sports enthusiast where I had won a gold medal at national Pencak Silat Competition. I have acquired invaluable experience and skills as a result of my exertions, which enhance my skills and becoming a committed and independent student of law.
what scholarship is this and for which uni?
Cimb asean scholarship and for university of sheffield
Original post by Audrey18
what scholarship is this and for which uni?

Cimb scholarship and university of sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest