Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m scared to tell my school I’m leaving at the end of the year. Will they treat me any differently ?? My head of year is a bit of an arse.
    Any advice on how to tell them would be great. Thanks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Chill, it's fine. Why would they care that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB123)
    I’m scared to tell my school I’m leaving at the end of the year. Will they treat me any differently ?? My head of year is a bit of an arse.
    Any advice on how to tell them would be great. Thanks.
    I left school a year ago, a short way into year 13 as I wasn't doing very well and was miserable at school! It took months and months for me to convince myself and my parents that it would all work out even despite not having any evidence to back myself up.

Anyway, my school tried and tried to keep me going during the time I was fighting in my head deciding what the right decision was - eventually I thought, it's enough, I'm not going to get any grades at the end of the year and I'm miserable. The whole staff team that I had contact with in that school suddenly stepped back and allowed me to leave once they realised I was serious.

The thing here is, only YOU decide your own future. No one can tell you what it is that you want - so if the staff do treat you differently, you politely remind them what their job is. Their job is not to discriminate.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordon1703)
    I left school a year ago, a short way into year 13 as I wasn't doing very well and was miserable at school! It took months and months for me to convince myself and my parents that it would all work out even despite not having any evidence to back myself up.

Anyway, my school tried and tried to keep me going during the time I was fighting in my head deciding what the right decision was - eventually I thought, it's enough, I'm not going to get any grades at the end of the year and I'm miserable. The whole staff team that I had contact with in that school suddenly stepped back and allowed me to leave once they realised I was serious.

The thing here is, only YOU decide your own future. No one can tell you what it is that you want - so if the staff do treat you differently, you politely remind them what their job is. Their job is not to discriminate.

Hope this helps
    Thank you, this really does help. I think I just need to be confident and not think about what my teachers will think of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB123)
    Thank you, this really does help. I think I just need to be confident and not think about what my teachers will think of me.
    Exactly, you will most likely never speak or see those teachers again after you leave, so why worry!

Best of luck, kind of makes me feel a bit better knowing that someone else wants to leave school, as I was the only one to drop out that I know of

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.