The Student Room Group

Left School in Scotland with little qualifications, recently moved down to England

So I left school a few years ago with some qualifications in national 5 but only one higher (history C) and recently moved down to England and want to start my studies again but I don't know how to begin. I'm wanting to go into electrical or civil engineering but with my qualifications I can't exactly go straight to university and just basically need help going in the right direction, mainly because the English qualifications are different.

My national 5s are - Maths(A), English(C), Computing(B), Engineering skills(Pass), Engineering Science(B), History(B) and P.E(B)

I also have two national 4s which are Chemistry and Music

Thanks!
You could either start A-level at a college that has provisions for 19+ students, or for a quicker 1 year route, why don't you look up Access to Engineering courses? :smile:
Original post by Dominicque2
You could either start A-level at a college that has provisions for 19+ students, or for a quicker 1 year route, why don't you look up Access to Engineering courses? :smile:

Hey, thanks for your help.

I think I might go the A level route and do it from home while I work, I found a website called OpenStudyCollege that I think I'll use for some subjects (Maths, physics and chemistry possible) and then move on from there. I don't know anyone who has gone this route but from what I've seen seems like a decent way to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending