Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Were you planning on going to university in Canada after AS level, in place of doing A2? Since they finish high school a year before we do, the majority of students would be 17/18.

You are still required to finish high school in the UK to gain entry to their university. The qualification is what you are judged on, not your age. So, from my understanding, you are required to do A2 if you want to gain entry.
    I was planning on going to the university of Toronto after AS level.I don't want to do a2. I'm an Indian student in botswana btw.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GRENEDILLA)
    I was planning on going to the university of Toronto after AS level.I don't want to do a2. I'm an Indian student in botswana btw.
    Ah that makes more sense! AS level without A2 isn’t enough to get you into university, as it’s essentially just the first year of the course.

Check the entry requirements for the universities you’re looking at, I’m not an expert so I could be wrong! But doing A2 would definitely open more options up for you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.