Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to be scared of head lice?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I just pull the suckers out of the kids hair with my finger tips. Hardcore here.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I understand if it was something like bees but headlices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What specifically are you scared of? If you keep your hair clean you'll be fine, when has there ever been a serious incident where head lice has caused injury or anything like that? Even if there has been one, I'd bet it would have been on very unlooked after hair at that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Depends what you mean by scared. If you mean you don't want them and are a bit worried of the possibly you would when you think about it, but it's not something that you're always thinking about then that's totally normal. Head lice aren't pleasant to have and it can be a bit embarrassing if you do (even though there isn't really anything you can do to prevent them cos you catch them from other people). It's normal to worry a little bit about things like that happening, but only as a passing thing, not to an extent it causes you actual fear or bothers you often.

If you're actually scared or worry a lot about it though that's an overreaction. They are irritating, but they don't actually hurt you and they're easy to get rid of with treatments from a pharmacy. Basically the worst they can do is embarrass you, but even then it's honestly not that abnormal to get lice. It's even debated weather anything like how clean your hair is matters at all or of it's just being unlucky and coming into contact with somebody else who has them. Lice really aren't a big deal.

It's really not worth worrying about.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    it is ok

Thanks for your replies

How do I check myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.