Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I watched the Hope livestream and wondered what jobs on campus were and how you got into them. I am starting in September (unconditional for geography and english language) and I just want to know how it works or if it is worth trying to get a job in town.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by LaurieEP)
    I watched the Hope livestream and wondered what jobs on campus were and how you got into them. I am starting in September (unconditional for geography and english language) and I just want to know how it works or if it is worth trying to get a job in town.
    Hi LaurieEP

It's great to hear that you watched our Facebook Live

We have a system called Hope Works where students can apply for work on campus. For example during my 3 years as a student I worked as a student ambassador working on Open Days, School Visits and Campus Tours. You can also work in other areas such as the Library, the catering, the gateway desk or as front of house staff in the theater on campus.

You won't be able to apply for vacancies through Hope Works until you are a student on campus. It would be completely up to you if you wished to look for work in the city center, lots of students choose to do so. However, the role I chose worked the best for me as it fitted well around my studies.

You can find some more information about Hope Works on our website by following this link:
    https://www.hope.ac.uk/careers/emplo...hub/hopeworks/

I hope this helps but of course if you have any further questions please feel free to give us a shout.

Ruth

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.