The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Glasgow Student Accomodation 2018

Hi!
I’m thinking about staying at either Caledonian court or liberty living. Where is best and is there anyone else thinking of staying at any of these?
Original post by dion_zx
Hi!
I’m thinking about staying at either Caledonian court or liberty living. Where is best and is there anyone else thinking of staying at any of these?

Hello! Going to give this a little bump and move it over to the Glasgow Caledonian University forum for you :smile:
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
Hey, I was at City of Glasgow College last year and lived in Halls. I stayed in Victoria Halls, which was bought over twice since I was there and is now called Liberty Living.

I had a great experience there, and found it to be possibly the best year of my life. The rooms were the best value and also had en suites in them all. Since I left I think they have upgraded the beds to 3/4 Full lengths. On top of this they have added a games/social room.

As for Caledonian Court, I am not too sure but if I remember correctly there are more to a flat? Up to 15 or so I think. Liberty Halls are 5. One thing I know is that these halls have security guards that are very picky about letting people in, even friends (At least at night)

I can answer any questions you may have on the halls, or Glasgow life in general. I am hoping to apply to GCU for next years term and would look to move back there.
Reply 3
Original post by DeerreeD
Hey, I was at City of Glasgow College last year and lived in Halls. I stayed in Victoria Halls, which was bought over twice since I was there and is now called Liberty Living.

I had a great experience there, and found it to be possibly the best year of my life. The rooms were the best value and also had en suites in them all. Since I left I think they have upgraded the beds to 3/4 Full lengths. On top of this they have added a games/social room.

As for Caledonian Court, I am not too sure but if I remember correctly there are more to a flat? Up to 15 or so I think. Liberty Halls are 5. One thing I know is that these halls have security guards that are very picky about letting people in, even friends (At least at night)

I can answer any questions you may have on the halls, or Glasgow life in general. I am hoping to apply to GCU for next years term and would look to move back there.

Yea I was leaning towards liberty living because I’ve heard a few things about Caley halls just wanted to make sure, thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by dion_zx
Yea I was leaning towards liberty living because I’ve heard a few things about Caley halls just wanted to make sure, thanks!

No problem. Out of curiosity, what will you be studying?

Also, if you have any friends that are looking to move to halls, I think Liberty Living gives you a discount if you refer them, and lets you get the same 'block'
Reply 5
I have applied for optometry and Orthoptics at Caley☺️ I’m turning 21 in September so I keep thinking I won’t get accepted into liberty living cause they’ll probs give priority to students 19 and under. So I might just apply for both places just incase😊
Reply 6
Original post by dion_zx
I have applied for optometry and Orthoptics at Caley☺️ I’m turning 21 in September so I keep thinking I won’t get accepted into liberty living cause they’ll probs give priority to students 19 and under. So I might just apply for both places just incase😊

I see, back when I lived there my flatmate was doing Optometry and she really enjoyed it. I think she will be in her fourth year next term.

I actually have a similar 'worry', I want to apply for the 2019/2020 session, and would be 22. However to be honest you should be fine. Liberty Living had people in their late 20s and early 30's when I was there. Due to them being private, I think as long as you can pay they will accept you.

But like you say, it wouldn't hurt to try both!
Reply 7
I see, back when I lived there my flatmate was doing Optometry and she really enjoyed it. I think she will be in her fourth year next term.

I actually have a similar 'worry', I want to apply for the 2019/2020 session, and would be 22. However to be honest you should be fine. Liberty Living had people in their late 20s and early 30's when I was there. Due to them being private, I think as long as you can pay they will accept you.

But like you say, it wouldn't hurt to try both!

Yea! What are you applying for? ☺️
Reply 8
Original post by dion_zx
Yea! What are you applying for? ☺️

Hopefully I can get second or third year entry into Computer Science. I am working full time right now, however, my long term career goals sort of require a degree, so i'm just saving up for now.

Are you planning on moving from far?
Reply 9
Hopefully I can get second or third year entry into Computer Science. I am working full time right now, however, my long term career goals sort of require a degree, so i'm just saving up for now.

Are you planning on moving from far?

Oh good stuff! Not too far I’m roughly 40 minutes on the train but it’s working out too expensive because I’ll be travelling at peak times. I want to move out aswell so I may aswell move into the halls😊
Hey! Does anyone know when applications are open for Caledonian court 2018/2019?
Thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by KPayne001
Hey! Does anyone know when applications are open for Caledonian court 2018/2019?
Thanks!

I’m waiting for them aswell lol!
Original post by dion_zx
I’m waiting for them aswell lol!

I'm glad i'm not the only one then! haha
Reply 13
I emailed Caley asking about the applications and they replied back saying that they should be out in the next few weeks😊
Anybody knows the accommodation West Village? Is it good?

Quick Reply