Turn on thread page Beta

#Walking4Wellness with TSR and Sport Relief watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

In 2018, The Student Room is partnering with Sport Relief to raise important funds and awareness for youth mental health. Get involved in our #Walking4Wellness campaign to help promote healthy bodies and healthy minds! Join the TSR League in the Sport Relief app (and be in with the chance to win some awesome prizes), get involved in the conversation on TSR, and contribute to raising important funds by donating or getting sponsored!

Join the TeamTSR league
    1. Click this link >>>
    2. Sign up *using your TSR username*
    3. Download and open the Sport Relief app
    4. Choose 'TeamTSR' from your 'Available Leagues'
    :thumbsup:

Our partners at Sport Relief are sponsoring the TeamTSR league with two exciting prizes!
    :king1: Prize: The person with the most overall steps in the month of Sport Relief will win an Amazon Echo Plus and Fire TV stick!
    Big shout out to Amazon for supplying the prize! :clap2::clap2:

:king2: Prize: Random draw! Everyone who enters the league is in the running to win £100 Sainsbury’s voucher!

Just remember, you need to sign up to the Sport Relief app with your TSR username, and you must be a verified member of TSR to win. You can connect the Sport Relief app to your existing fitness tracker too, so every step counts! :banana:

SPORT RELIEF] Golden threads competition
    If walking long distances isn’t your thing, don’t worry! We’re giving you the chance to get involved, support each other and win prizes; just by posting on TSR.
    For every [SPORT RELIEF] golden thread you make a post in, you’ll go into the running to win £100 Uber voucher! (which can be spent on Uber Eats to!):nutcase:

How has exercise helped your mental health?
    What are your top ways to get fit for free?
    Go to activites to cheer yourself up?
    How to get started at the gym
    Tunes to get you moving

Shout out on social
    Get involved on social media by hashtagging #Walking4Wellness and #SportRelief
    Follow our TeamTSR updates on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Keep an eye out for the team from TSR HQ as well! We'll be getting involved in doing all sorts of things for Sport Relief too!

Terms and conditions
    Spoiler:
    Show

The Student Room Sport Relief Competition – Win an Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Fire TV Stick or £100 Sainsbury’s vouchers!
    By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
    • To enter this competition, you must be a UK citizen
    • Only one entry per person is allowed.
    • There is no other method of entry other than that specified in these terms and conditions.
    • Entrants must be 16 years or older
    • The closing date for entries is 23:59 GMT on 23rd March 2018.
    • There is no charge for entry and no purchase requirements are necessary. Internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet.
    • To enter the competition you are required to download the Sport Relief app, join the Student Room League, found here.
    • The winner will be selected as the individual who completes the most steps by 23:59 GMT on 23rd March 2018, in The Student Room League.
    • Steps are calculated through the Sport Relief app and appear as a total in the League. The individual with the highest number of steps in the League will appear as number 1 within the league table. Steps shown within the app are final.
    • The runner up will be selected at random from all members of the The Student Room League
    • The winner and runner up are required to have an account on The Student Room website.
    • Competition entrants are required to use the same username on the Sport Relief app as their The Student Room account.
    • The winner will be announced on or around 26th March 2018 and contacted by phone and email. If we cannot contact the winner after 3 days, we may award the prize to the second placed entry. If we cannot contact the second placed entry after 3 days we may award the prize to the third placed entry and so on.
    • We may use the winning individuals first name for promotional and publicity purposes, and by entering you agree to such use. Please see our privacy policy.
    • The 1st prize is an Amazon Echo Plus and Amazon Fire TV Stick
    • The second prize is £100 Sainsburys vouchers, subject to Sainsburys terms and conditions
    • The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Comic Relief may substitute an alternative prize of similar value. Failure to claim the prize by the time or in the manner specified by Comic Relief will make any claim invalid.
    • Comic Relief may disqualify entries from winning if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that they are in breach of these terms and conditions or your participation is fraudulent, unfair, offensive or unlawful.
    • This competition is not open to employees of Comic Relief, The Student Room (or anyone else involved in the prize draw) or their direct family members.
    • Comic Relief may cancel the competition for reasons outside of its reasonable control.
    • Comic Relief may amend these terms and conditions and/or prizes without notice, by posting changes to them on the Comic Relief or The Student Room website.
    • Comic Relief does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem in any telephone line, app, network, system, provider or otherwise which results in any communication not being properly recorded or received.

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I am so in, this is awesome! :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't know what sports relief is but may do this since am always on shanks pony
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm in! :crazy:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Guess who joined :ahee: I don't actually walk a whole lot, mobility problems and a uni course that consists of entirely sitting down, but I am making the effort to take slightly longer routes where I'm able and I'm using my breaks to go for a little wander in search of water rather than just resting my head on the desk :laugh:

This is desperately making me want a fitbit though, not gonna lie
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I'm in! :crazy:
    ive never seen you use that emoji :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm there! Whoever's currently on 91,800, I am very jealous...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    maybe they have very short legs :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    maybe they have very short legs :beard:
    According to my first-year bipedal locomotion notes, if we say they were doing 10,000 steps an hour (i.e. >9 hours a week, still pretty good), their leg length would be on the order of 0.2m. Jack, whoever you are, is this true?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    According to my first-year bipedal locomotion notes, if we say they were doing 10,000 steps an hour (i.e. >9 hours a week, still pretty good), their leg length would be on the order of 0.2m. Jack, whoever you are, is this true?
    oh no this escalated into maths quickly :getmecoat:

maybe its captain jack :beard:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Bum. It doesn't track my Fitbit knock-off so no squash steps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    ive never seen you use that emoji :lol:
    :crazy:
    :creep:
    :crazy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I’ve joined
    5th on the leaderboard woooo
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    that would be me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    that would be me
    What did you do??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What did you do??
    Just connected it to my fitbit and it went to that, mstve tracked back or something to when the step thing started
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've had the app for a few days now and it does not track my steps whatsoever :sad: And I walk and gym a lot, so it's really frustrating :cry2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I've had the app for a few days now and it does not track my steps whatsoever :sad: And I walk and gym a lot, so it's really frustrating :cry2:
    What phone do you have?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    What phone do you have?
    Samsung S7. I've had to download Google Fit so I can link it up. Frustrating because my Samsung Health app is amazing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Samsung S7. I've had to download Google Fit so I can link it up. Frustrating because my Samsung Health app is amazing
    Hmm dont have it myself but Im guessing you need to allow it access?

04MR17 had this problem, how did you sort it if you have?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.