Turn on thread page Beta

please check my cv watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so I wrote a CV for work experience applications and can someone please check it and give me some advice on how to improve it.

It will be much-appreciated x

*(personal information is added here)

Skills and Qualities:

I am a hard-working, determined and motivated Year 10 student, age 15, currently attending X. At school, I perform well as I am very keen on getting the best grades possible. I enjoy working with others and developing my leadership skills as well as being consistently organised and having an excellent record of attendance and punctuality. In the future, I intend to study A-levels and attend university in order to hopefully pursue a career in finance.*

Education:

X

September 2014 - July 2019

Courses being studied (GCSE):

English Language*(predicted 8/A*)
    English*Literature(predicted 8/A*)
    Mathematics*(predicted 8/A*)*

Chemistry*(predicted 8/A*)*
    Biology*(predicted 8/A*)

Physics*(predicted 8/A*)

History*(predicted 8/A*)*
    German*(predicted 8/A*)*
    Textiles*(predicted 8/A*)*

Interests and Achievements:

I have many hobbies such as playing the piano, reading and listening to music.*Being an eager piano player, my self-motivation and desire have led me to achieve my grade 6 piano. However, it has always been my interest to improve my social skills and gain more confidence. Also,*I am a 'guardian angel' at my school which means I provide advice and support for pupils in year 7 and volunteer to help at school.

(X) - private information
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sophia_d.x1)
    so I wrote a CV for work experience applications and can someone please check it and give me some advice on how to improve it.

It will be much-appreciated x

*(personal information is added here)

Skills and Qualities:

I am a hard-working, determined and motivated Year 10 student, age 15, currently attending X. At school, I perform well as I am very keen on getting the best grades possible. I enjoy working with others and developing my leadership skills as well as being consistently organised and having an excellent record of attendance and punctuality. In the future, I intend to study A-levels and attend university in order to hopefully pursue a career in finance.*

Education:

X

September 2014 - July 2019

Courses being studied (GCSE):

English Language*(predicted 8/A*)
    English*Literature(predicted 8/A*)
    Mathematics*(predicted 8/A*)*

Chemistry*(predicted 8/A*)*
    Biology*(predicted 8/A*)

Physics*(predicted 8/A*)

History*(predicted 8/A*)*
    German*(predicted 8/A*)*
    Textiles*(predicted 8/A*)*

Interests and Achievements:

I have many hobbies such as playing the piano, reading and listening to music.*Being an eager piano player, my self-motivation and desire have led me to achieve my grade 6 piano. However, it has always been my interest to improve my social skills and gain more confidence. Also,*I am a 'guardian angel' at my school which means I provide advice and support for pupils in year 7 and volunteer to help at school.

(X) - private information
    Is there a particular area of work experience you're applying for? That would help us give more specific feedback

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.