The Student Room Group

please check my cv

so I wrote a CV for work experience applications and can someone please check it and give me some advice on how to improve it.

It will be much-appreciated x

*(personal information is added here)

Skills and Qualities:

I am a hard-working, determined and motivated Year 10 student, age 15, currently attending X. At school, I perform well as I am very keen on getting the best grades possible. I enjoy working with others and developing my leadership skills as well as being consistently organised and having an excellent record of attendance and punctuality. In the future, I intend to study A-levels and attend university in order to hopefully pursue a career in finance.*

Education:

X

September 2014 - July 2019

Courses being studied (GCSE):

English Language*(predicted 8/A*)
English*Literature(predicted 8/A*)
Mathematics*(predicted 8/A*)*

Chemistry*(predicted 8/A*)*
Biology*(predicted 8/A*)

Physics*(predicted 8/A*)

History*(predicted 8/A*)*
German*(predicted 8/A*)*
Textiles*(predicted 8/A*)*

Interests and Achievements:

I have many hobbies such as playing the piano, reading and listening to music.*Being an eager piano player, my self-motivation and desire have led me to achieve my grade 6 piano. However, it has always been my interest to improve my social skills and gain more confidence. Also,*I am a 'guardian angel' at my school which means I provide advice and support for pupils in year 7 and volunteer to help at school.

(X) - private information
Original post by sophia_d.x1
so I wrote a CV for work experience applications and can someone please check it and give me some advice on how to improve it.

It will be much-appreciated x

*(personal information is added here)

Skills and Qualities:

I am a hard-working, determined and motivated Year 10 student, age 15, currently attending X. At school, I perform well as I am very keen on getting the best grades possible. I enjoy working with others and developing my leadership skills as well as being consistently organised and having an excellent record of attendance and punctuality. In the future, I intend to study A-levels and attend university in order to hopefully pursue a career in finance.*

Education:

X

September 2014 - July 2019

Courses being studied (GCSE):

English Language*(predicted 8/A*)
English*Literature(predicted 8/A*)
Mathematics*(predicted 8/A*)*

Chemistry*(predicted 8/A*)*
Biology*(predicted 8/A*)

Physics*(predicted 8/A*)

History*(predicted 8/A*)*
German*(predicted 8/A*)*
Textiles*(predicted 8/A*)*

Interests and Achievements:

I have many hobbies such as playing the piano, reading and listening to music.*Being an eager piano player, my self-motivation and desire have led me to achieve my grade 6 piano. However, it has always been my interest to improve my social skills and gain more confidence. Also,*I am a 'guardian angel' at my school which means I provide advice and support for pupils in year 7 and volunteer to help at school.

(X) - private information

Is there a particular area of work experience you're applying for? That would help us give more specific feedback :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending