Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My household income is around 60k and student finance said I’ll be getting around 4k for maintenance loan. I don’t think it’ll be enough to support me since my accommodation is £5600 and although my parents said that they’ll support me, I don’t want to put too much pressure on them as they’re also paying off debts. Is there anyway I can appeal to get more maintenance loan??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by electramoon)
    My household income is around 60k and student finance said I’ll be getting around 4k for maintenance loan. I don’t think it’ll be enough to support me since my accommodation is £5600 and although my parents said that they’ll support me, I don’t want to put too much pressure on them as they’re also paying off debts. Is there anyway I can appeal to get more maintenance loan??
    The only way would be to be classed as an independent student so your parental income isn’t counted.

To do that you would need to:
    Get married
    Have a child
    Wait until you are 25
    Prove that you have earned/claimed benefits to support yourself financially for 36 months
    Be irreconcilably estranged from your parents for 12 months

It might be easier to get a job and save up (or ask your parents to contribute the amount SFE suggest).

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.