Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Just stop doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your supervisor.

Stop.

Easy.

ReputationRep:
    Just finish doing bronze (assuming that you are new to DOE) and then drop it or if you are doing silver/gold and already have bronze then I would drop it now. It's really good to have though why do you want to drop it?

ReputationRep:
    im doing silver dofe and it happens to be right in the middle of my exam season

dofes are something that makes you stand out to employers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archon9)
    Just finish doing bronze (assuming that you are new to DOE) and then drop it or if you are doing silver/gold and already have bronze then I would drop it now. It's really good to have though why do you want to drop it?
    Want to focus on a levels. Haven’t even been started sliver and it’s been 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanb-h)
    dofes are something that makes you stand out to employers
    Mm. Not so sure about that. That's the narrative that the school would have you believe. In my experience, recruitment in high-achieving careers favours independent attainment rather than formulaic processes. Maybe DofE has relevance in some sectors, but it's certainly not valued equally/universally. Personally, I find candidates with DofE are quite compliant and institutionalised, but that's what some employers seek I suppose.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.