Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I nor my guarantor can afford to pay for my student accomodation due to change in personal circumstances and I have found cheaper accomodation elsewhere. However, unite won’t let me out of my tenancy agreement unless I find a new tenant, which is practically impossible. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!!

(Also if anyone is looking for accomodation in Newcastle, there is an en-suite room available at unite students Manor bank accomodation 😅)
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BethWilliams23)
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I nor my guarantor can afford to pay for my student accomodation due to change in personal circumstances and I have found cheaper accomodation elsewhere. However, unite won’t let me out of my tenancy agreement unless I find a new tenant, which is practically impossible. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!!

(Also if anyone is looking for accomodation in Newcastle, there is an en-suite room available at unite students Manor bank accomodation 😅)
    You're going to have to abide by your contract, and I'd imagine you can't do anything unless you find a new tenant.

Have you tried posting on flat-finding Facebook group pages for your university/area? Or perhaps pinned an advertisement on university noticeboards?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.