BethWilliams23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I nor my guarantor can afford to pay for my student accomodation due to change in personal circumstances and I have found cheaper accomodation elsewhere. However, unite won’t let me out of my tenancy agreement unless I find a new tenant, which is practically impossible. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!!

(Also if anyone is looking for accomodation in Newcastle, there is an en-suite room available at unite students Manor bank accomodation 😅)
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BethWilliams23)
I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I nor my guarantor can afford to pay for my student accomodation due to change in personal circumstances and I have found cheaper accomodation elsewhere. However, unite won’t let me out of my tenancy agreement unless I find a new tenant, which is practically impossible. Is there anything I can do? Thanks!!

(Also if anyone is looking for accomodation in Newcastle, there is an en-suite room available at unite students Manor bank accomodation 😅)
You're going to have to abide by your contract, and I'd imagine you can't do anything unless you find a new tenant.

Have you tried posting on flat-finding Facebook group pages for your university/area? Or perhaps pinned an advertisement on university noticeboards?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.85%
No (182)
76.15%

Watched Threads