Turn on thread page Beta

Really want a boyfriend watch

Hi!
    I'm a uni student and a few days ago I turned 20 years ago, but it made me realise how inexperienced I am in the relationship field. I've barely dated, meanwhile most of my friends + people around seems to be cuddled up with their partners. I honestly wish I had that as well but I'm mostly alone.
    I really don't want to be that person but I'm going to describe my attributes anyway.
    I'm a really friendly, quirky and a (hopefully) approachable person. I consider myself as average/above average but tbh I don't know how others percieve me ahaha. I'm also a bit chubby but I'm working on my weight (even I don't think that's the main problem since I see chubbier people than me dating)
    But is there any tips on how I could develop a relationship with a guy?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You are your own best partner (I understand the potential for misinterpretation of that).
    Enjoy being single, for there will come a time when you will long for this period.
    You are only 20. You are just getting into the dating zone.
    But don't rush into anything. Good things come with perfect timing, otherwise they wouldn't be good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Talk to a guy, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi!
    I'm a uni student and a few days ago I turned 20 years ago, but it made me realise how inexperienced I am in the relationship field. I've barely dated, meanwhile most of my friends + people around seems to be cuddled up with their partners. I honestly wish I had that as well but I'm mostly alone.
    I really don't want to be that person but I'm going to describe my attributes anyway.
    I'm a really friendly, quirky and a (hopefully) approachable person. I consider myself as average/above average but tbh I don't know how others percieve me ahaha. I'm also a bit chubby but I'm working on my weight (even I don't think that's the main problem since I see chubbier people than me dating)
    Thank you
    I'm a guy that's never been in a relationship but want one. I would just say talk to people.

maybe start talking and then ask if he wants to go for a walk or something. just remember to go out there and be yourself. you go girl.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Maven Writers)
    You are your own best partner (I understand the potential for misinterpretation of that).
    Enjoy being single, for there will come a time when you will long for this period.
    You are only 20. You are just getting into the dating zone.
    But don't rush into anything. Good things come with perfect timing, otherwise they wouldn't be good
    That's really helpful, thank you

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Talk to a guy, maybe?
    I want to, but my shyness prevents me to even flirt let alone talk to a guy. So as you could see its not easy for me to effortlessly talk to a guy.

Hi!
    Thank you
    I’m 18 and never had a boyfriend but I don’t feel insecure about it.
    If it’s meant to be, they’ll come to you but ofc you need to make an effort in talking to people(not excessively though you’ll only look desperate) which I don’t haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I want to, but my shyness prevents me to even flirt let alone talk to a guy. So as you could see its not easy for me to effortlessly talk to a guy.
    How do you speak to your dad? Your brother? Are you shy then

How do you speak to your dad? Your brother? Are you shy then
    You know I don't see dating potential in my dad or brother right? lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You know I don't see dating potential in my dad or brother right? lol
    But didnt you say you were shy and you cannot speak to a 'guy' and Im pretty your your dad and your brother, are both guys, right?

ReputationRep:
    But didnt you say you were shy and you cannot speak to a 'guy' and Im pretty your your dad and your brother, are both guys, right?
    Don't try to act smart you already know what she means. You really have to be a certain level of retard to think that she's too shy to talk to her family kmt

But to OP, have you joined societies yet? That would give you an opportunity to meet guys who are like-minded. Or ask your friends to hook up you up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DeepMeaning)
    Don't try to act smart you already know what she means. You really have to be a certain level of retard to think that she's too shy to talk to her family kmt
    Who said I was acting smart? I don't need to and second of all; she said she was shy when she speaks to a guy, so plz dont go throwing comment like being a 'retard' or 'acting smart' when It was genuine question I asked. There could be a reason to why she is shy and asking about her family could be a reason to it. Anything else?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about it too much. Forget the flirting side. Just do the basic interactions.

Join a club or society at uni and take it from there. The more you meet and have to interact with people, the better it'll be.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've barely dated, meanwhile most of my friends + people around seems to be cuddled up with their partners. I honestly wish I had that as well but I'm mostly alone.
    I think it's important to realise what emotion you're feeling here. A lot of people chase the idea of being in a relationship without actually realising what it is they want. It's not a common saying but "too many people are in love with the idea of being in love".

Do you actually want a boyfriend? Or do you feel like you are missing out on cuddling up with a partner? Or are you just plain lonely?

Speaking from experience, getting into a relationship does not solve your problems and the grass always looks greener on the other side. Dating out of desperation (for lack of a better word, I'm not trying to cause offense) rarely ends well. Personally I think you would benefit from trying to understand yourself first and work out what it is you really want.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.