Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an email from Durham saying my application for my chosen course was unsuccessful (maths and philosophy) but my application has been redirected to Earth sciences. Has this happened to anyone else? How easy is it to swap once i get there as i really like the uni, and are the courses at all similar?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ZaraHuss)
    I've just got an email from Durham saying my application for my chosen course was unsuccessful (maths and philosophy) but my application has been redirected to Earth sciences. Has this happened to anyone else? How easy is it to swap once i get there as i really like the uni, and are the courses at all similar?
    Durham do this quite often to fill up unpopular courses.

You are not likely to be able to swap back - don’t accept an offer for a course unless you would be happy studying that course for three + years.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.