Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do about this situation? watch

My parents have been divorced for at least 8 years now (I'm 17 now), and I live with my Mum. I told her I wanted to take a gap year and she got mad and told me that I should just go to University and won't listen to what I'm saying. I don't have the skill currently to do what I want to at University (Animation) so I want to take a gap year and gain the skills to study it appropriately. She said I either go to Uni after finishing college, or I move out. I'll take any advice at this point, please help.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her why. If it's because she is becoming financially strained looking after the both of you, then perhaps you can take on a part time job to help contribute to the household bills and/or seek some extra financial assistance from your father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feastful)
    Ask her why. If it's because she is becoming financially strained looking after the both of you, then perhaps you can take on a part time job to help contribute to the household bills and/or seek some extra financial assistance from your father.
    This ^^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.