Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I applied for Psychology at Stirling back in December and have yet to hear back. One of my friends also applied back in January for the same thing and had an offer by the end of the week. I've read that they're notorious for handing out their offers late, which probably isn't made better by me applying as an EU candidate.
    I was wondering how vital is it for you to have Psychology already as a qualification of some sort before applying for the course? Its listed as a requirement, but when I spoke to one of the teachers and some of the Psychology students while at the open day, they didn't seem to think that it was too important?
    Kind of panicking because despite my good grades I got a rejection from another high up uni because my A2 subjects didn't meet the requirements and I'm really set on going to Stirling..
    /sorry for the long post
    • TSR Community Team

TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

the only meaningful qualification that I applied with was level 6 social sciences. Stirling teaches level 8 psychology in first year but although I did study psychology as a core subject in social science, I do not have a qualification for psychology on its own.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.