Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    Is anyone studying at Tu Delft ?
    If yes, can someone write his opinion about this University?

Being a non-Dutch, how easy is to get managed to this University?

Thanks
    Wisi.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by getting managed? Btw Delft is nice I'm probably going to study there next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchstudent123)
    What do you mean by getting managed? Btw Delft is nice I'm probably going to study there next year
    I would like to study there, but I don't know how is to be a foreign, and if is easy to be used to study there.
    I'm talking about who cares from others parts of Europe.

How is the selection?

Thanks
    WiSi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    I would like to study there, but I don't know how is to be a foreign, and if is easy to be used to study there.
    I'm talking about who cares from others parts of Europe.

How is the selection?

Thanks
    WiSi
    Well, I think the Netherlands are far easier to migrate too than say France or Italy for example, because everyone here speaks English very well or at least thinks they do. In another country you'd need to learn the language much sooner.

About selection, some courses are open to anyone with the right secundary educational background, regardless of what grades you got. You'd get in with a C just as easy as someone with an A*.
    But this doesn't mean the courses are easy. Some have drop-out rates of nearly 50% because people overestimated themselves when applying. Don't let this scare you off though!

Some courses do have a selection and when they do the selection can be quite tough from what I've heard.

What do you mean by 'who cares from other parts of Europe?'
    Which course do you want to study and where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think the Netherlands are far easier to migrate too than say France or Italy for example, because everyone here speaks English very well or at least thinks they do. In another country you'd need to learn the language much sooner.

About selection, some courses are open to anyone with the right secundary educational background, regardless of what grades you got. You'd get in with a C just as easy as someone with an A*.
    But this doesn't mean the courses are easy. Some have drop-out rates of nearly 50% because people overestimated themselves when applying. Don't let this scare you off though!

Some courses do have a selection and when they do the selection can be quite tough from what I've heard.

What do you mean by 'who cares from other parts of Europe?'
    Which course do you want to study and where are you from?
    The majority of people speak english ?
    Really?
    That's a great news.

Anyway, I'm from Italy, and you already know that here very few people speak english, there aren't many good english teachers.

I mainly thinking about Tu Delft because it have courses in english, and I didn't found other great universities in Europe that have them.

'who cares from other parts of Europe?'
    Here I wanted to say " who came from other parts of Europe".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    The majority of people speak english ?
    Really?
    That's a great news.

Anyway, I'm from Italy, and you already know that here very few people speak english, there aren't many good english teachers.

I mainly thinking about Tu Delft because it have courses in english, and I didn't found other great universities in Europe that have them.

'who cares from other parts of Europe?'
    Here I wanted to say " who came from other parts of Europe".
    Yes I've been to Italy and I needed help in the grocery store but people just turned away when I addressed them in English that's why I mentioned Italy.

Anyway, I don't study there myself yet but I do know it's very international. All books are in English and the people at university can speak it just fine. Only some of the teachers are having trouble with it if they're a bit old and not used to it.

But if you want to study a course in english, why don't you go to a university in the UK??

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've been to Italy and I needed help in the grocery store but people just turned away when I addressed them in English that's why I mentioned Italy.

Anyway, I don't study there myself yet but I do know it's very international. All books are in English and the people at university can speak it just fine. Only some of the teachers are having trouble with it if they're a bit old and not used to it.

But if you want to study a course in english, why don't you go to a university in the UK??
    Because they are 5 times more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    Because they are 5 times more expensive.
    Fair point, but still, a degree from a good UK uni would make up for that

ReputationRep:
    Fair point, but still, a degree from a good UK uni would make up for that
    Do you mean that will have a great value?

Still don't know, I mean, how many universities in the Uk are better then Tu Delft ?

Plus there is the Brexit issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    Do you mean that will have a great value?

Still don't know, I mean, how many universities in the Uk are better then Tu Delft ?

Plus there is the Brexit issue.
    Well uni's like Imperial, Cambridge and Oxford are definitely better but Delft is perfectly fine too and a lot of UK uni's are actually worse. You'd have to really look into that.
    About Brexit, you should check with your uni because some of them will see you as a Home student if you apply before Brexit has fully come through.

ReputationRep:
    Well uni's like Imperial, Cambridge and Oxford are definitely better but Delft is perfectly fine too and a lot of UK uni's are actually worse. You'd have to really look into that.
    About Brexit, you should check with your uni because some of them will see you as a Home student if you apply before Brexit has fully come through.
    Yes, I know that there are a lots of universities behind Tu Delts.
    What I never understood is why Oxford and Cambridge still have their prestige all over the years, and how they manage to keep it.

I heard there are a lots of Italians that are leaving Uk for this reason.

ReputationRep:
    Man it’s lit from the research I’ve done. Praying to get in from my performance within the selection procedure.
    Language isn’t a problem due to everyone speaking English. The environment is cozy and prices are descent.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.