Turn on thread page Beta

My crush got back with her ex watch

I like this girl at work, she started working here a few months ago and I've been here few months before her. Our shifts patterns are different but we do see each other every now and then. The first time I spoke to her, she sounded so sweet and confident. Over the recent months we got to know each other a bit better and she's been showing signs that she's interested in me. One of staff member noticed us two and he told me that she broke up with her boyfriend weeks before she started working here but still talks to him. I got her number eventually and first time I texted her was to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to which she responded in a sweet manner and called me darling. The main problem is I felt I'm too old for her because she's 17 and I'm 20 so I sort of balanced things and tried not to show too much interest in her because I wanted to wait until she's 18. I searched her on Facebook and she made new account after she broke up and her relationship status was Single. Her old account is still active and it has pictures of her boyfriend. The other day just before Valentines day I checked her Facebook and she put her relationship status in a relationship and her profile picture is her with same guy as in her old account so she's back with her ex.

Why did this happen?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Maybe the signs you were seeing werent exactly in a romantic way? She might of just seen you as a friend

Just wait for a while they will split up soon dw x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Over the recent months we got to know each other a bit better and she's been showing signs that she's interested in me. I got her number eventually and first time I texted her was to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to which she responded in a sweet manner and called me darling.
    While it's clear that you like her, I think it's clouded your perception of the signals that she has being given off (none of which were ever conclusive of any interest in you beyond friendship). Being sweet, calling someone darling- these can all be done and said in a completely non-serious manner (etc).

The main problem is I felt I'm too old for her because she's 17 and I'm 20 so I sort of balanced things and tried not to show too much interest in her because I wanted to wait until she's 18.
    So what, she was supposed to put her love life on hold until you decided to make a move??

How was she even supposed to know how you felt towards her when you actually made an effort to not show too much interest in her?

You can expect/hope for a person to wait for you when there is absolutely nothing going between you two.

The other day just before Valentines day I checked her Facebook and she put her relationship status in a relationship and her profile picture is her with same guy as in her old account so she's back with her ex.

Why did this happen?
    Because you were too slow to get your act in gear and because she still had feelings for her ex.

Next time you really like a girl, don't just wait around gauping at her from a distance and making occasional small talk while she gets on with her life. Actually make a real effort to get to know her, to flirt with her- ask her out!
    Because if you don't, some other guy with a much more proactive approach in dating will ask her out and swoop her up.

She isn't a mind reader (and all you gave off were friend vibes).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because she didn't have feelings for you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.