Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is going to need some explaining because it's a complicated situation. Just to clarify I am definitely a home student, I have always lived on home soil up until 18 months ago.I moved from the UK abroad to as my parent had a temporary contract here. When we lived in the UK, were renting so we no longer have a home address.

A few months ago, I was advised by student finance to put my previous home address on my UCAS application as my home address, and my current foreign address as my postal address. I received this instruction after receiving several different answers ranging from, I won't get funding as I don't have a home address, to I can get the maximum allowance. I am now coming to the point of applying, and I am concerned that by putting my previous home address that I am possibly being fraudulent, or that I won't get my student finance. My concern stems from the fact that I received so many different opinions that I no longer know what is right and what is wrong. It seems that nobody has an answer to my situation. I have every intention of moving back to the UK in June once I finish sixth form, and I will change my home address then.

My question is, should I put my previous home address down as my home address on my application?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by scarlet_w1)
    This is going to need some explaining because it's a complicated situation. Just to clarify I am definitely a home student, I have always lived on home soil up until 18 months ago.I moved from the UK abroad to as my parent had a temporary contract here. When we lived in the UK, were renting so we no longer have a home address.

A few months ago, I was advised by student finance to put my previous home address on my UCAS application as my home address, and my current foreign address as my postal address. I received this instruction after receiving several different answers ranging from, I won't get funding as I don't have a home address, to I can get the maximum allowance. I am now coming to the point of applying, and I am concerned that by putting my previous home address that I am possibly being fraudulent, or that I won't get my student finance. My concern stems from the fact that I received so many different opinions that I no longer know what is right and what is wrong. It seems that nobody has an answer to my situation. I have every intention of moving back to the UK in June once I finish sixth form, and I will change my home address then.

My question is, should I put my previous home address down as my home address on my application?
    Hi scarlet,

As you are not currently living in the UK and will not be returning to the UK until June. I would suggest that when you apply to Student Finance you send in a paper application and enclose a cover letter explaining your circumstances. I would suggest that you provide your overseas address as your contact address until you return to the UK and can then update this with Student Finance.
    As you have also had a break in your residency you will have to provide evidence that it was of a temporary nature (copy of your parent's temporary contract) . All this evidence and information can be sent together with your application.

Please find below the link to the PN1 application.

http://bit.ly/2H8DT5g

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lousie,

Thank you for your help.

I'm not able to receive letters at my current address because the postal service is complicated and there is no guarantee that I will receive the letter. Can I ask SF to send my correspondence to my Grandparent's or my Father's address?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by scarlet_w1)
    Hi Lousie,

Thank you for your help.

I'm not able to receive letters at my current address because the postal service is complicated and there is no guarantee that I will receive the letter. Can I ask SF to send my correspondence to my Grandparent's or my Father's address?
    Hi Scarlet,

As Louise advised, I would suggest that you provide your overseas address as your contact address until you return to the UK and can then update this with Student Finance.

Once your application is data entered, you will be able to view a history of any correspondence online also, within 24 hours of it being sent to you.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.