Turn on thread page Beta

Women who are used to hooking up with physically attractive guys, rate me /10. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelike1)
    Some models have BDD. The dude's still got problems.

You can see it in his writing - the way he over analyses everything, especially his appearance.

Sorry not buying it

never seen someone with BDD post so many selfies on a public forum either for the whole wide world to gorpe at.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Sorry not buying it

never seen someone with BDD post so many selfies on a public forum either for the whole wide world to gorpe at.......
    Fair point tbh
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Science99999)
    What gcses did you get, what other qualifications, what type of school did you attened/university? What career?
    WTF has that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    you have small and very feminine hands so would be 7/10

ReputationRep:
    7/8 out of 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    First time seeing a guy fishing for compliments
    first time I've seen a not so bad looking guy fishing for compliments. Its kinda reassuring to know that even good looking men can get insecure too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    Well I have no objective way of knowing how I look. I could literally be anywhere from a 2 to an 8.

There's so much evidence either way. For example, I remember one girl who was really attractive calling me a supermodel and being really into me. But also one time I went up to a girl and she turned to me and instantly shook her head like she was disgusted by my face. Or like guys always telling me I look so amazing, yet only average women say I'm beautiful (generally speaking that is) - though I get comments on my looks a lot. Or girls taking their friends away from me when I'm acting normal, and I heard this only happens to ugly men. Another example is women constantly approaching very average looking guys at the bar instead of approaching me. Also twice from my recollection really attractive women approaching me (uncommon), then ditching me for some other guy.

Like WTF am I supposed to believe? Can you see why I would be so confused?

Pretty much everyone else knows roughly where they stand in appearance. I literally do not know whether I'm cripplingly ugly or really hot.
    I think you can't expect the same outcome in every situation. There were probably so many factors other than your appearance involved in all those scenarios you've just listed^^. For example, a girl could have just dragged her friend away from you because she has a bf and wouldn't want her to do something she'd regret or other guys being approached instead of you because of their clothing or posture etc rather than because they're better looking. Also although there are generally agreements of attractive and non attractive traits people still have their own 'type' and attractiveness can be subjective.

Don't worry about it too much, if you can talk to women properly, have a good sense of humour and present yourself well then your appearance matters a lot less. You're pretty attractive though so you've got a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend I'm gay and rate again.

I don't care about what my appearance suggests about my personality. Tell me what's wrong with my face.
    ok then I'd rate you as 7.5/10 coming from a straight woman's idea of a gay guy's perspective, if that's any help. you're a good looking guy, nothing wrong with your face whatosever, although I'm not crazy about the hair style.

ReputationRep:
    That's interesting because my Tinder is somewhat **** in performance:

I want to match a girl like this (or meet a girl like this in a bar, whatever):

This is off-topic though so don't wanna focus on my Tinder profile lmao.
    Four photographs: three of which show you staring impassively into the middle-distance with all the listless, alienated charm of a PTSD survivor; only one of which was (ostensibly) taken by someone other than you and even then, betrays but the tiniest flicker of recognisably human emotion.

Contrast mine:

Spoiler:
    Show

Good-looking? Not especially—my appeal is more James McAvoy by way of Derren Brown than Hollyoaks After Dark—but you should realise that since the minimum good-faith requirement for spontaneous physical intimacy is inevitably much higher than for an afternoon coffee-date, telegraphing one's 'social proof' (with its connoted candour, acceptance and affability) will be therefore doubly vital to proceedings.

Objectively you'd perhaps rate 8/10; however, instinctively you radiate low-grade autism, and it's that perception—not your Men's Health physique—which appears in dire need of redress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    How do you rate on the confidence, personality, interesting and good company scales? Theres more to it than just how you look.
    True... Well it depends how drunk I am etc. I'm pretty likeable - most girls I've been with want to date me so I can't be that bad of a person. I'm legitimately kind irl and usually talk people up (if we have mutual respect between us) although I can become prick-ish on roids.

At worst I can be a bit apprehensive when I approach a girl I'm interested in because I'm so insecure about my appearance. Part of me expects her to look at me and screw her nose up in disgust (or just act in some way that suggests disgust - which would hurt my feelings badly), srs, so it makes me nervous.

Most guys are fine with rejection, but it causes me a severe breakdown where I'm convinced I'm a 1/10 deformed freak. I swear on my life that I truly and honestly constantly flip flop between thinking I look fine/good and thinking I'm ugly. I'm not just some guy who thinks he's gorgeous wanting input. I have posted about being hot before but that's when I was on an ego trip where something good happened (plus I was on steroids).
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    True... Well it depends how drunk I am etc. I'm pretty likeable - most girls I've been with want to date me so I can't be that bad of a person. I'm legitimately kind irl and usually talk people up (if we have mutual respect between us) although I can become prick-ish on roids.

At worst I can be a bit apprehensive when I approach a girl I'm interested in because I'm so insecure about my appearance. Part of me expects her to look at me and screw her nose up in disgust (or just act in some way that suggests disgust - which would hurt my feelings badly), srs, so it makes me nervous.

Most guys are fine with rejection, but it causes me a severe breakdown where I'm convinced I'm a 1/10 deformed freak. I swear on my life that I truly and honestly constantly flip flop between thinking I look fine/good and thinking I'm ugly. I'm not just some guy who thinks he's gorgeous wanting input. I have posted about being hot before but that's when I was on an ego trip where something good happened (plus I was on steroids).
    So isnt your issue and the thing you could benefit from is ways to increase your self esteem? In a way what you look like matters less and its more what you think about yourself? Your insecurity is unfounded so its a mental thing.

Getting a girl is one thing, keeping and building an actual relationship is another. If you have no trouble getting girls then why arent you interested in forming actual relationships? No matter how much reassurance and ego boosting people give you, then it will never be enough. Caring less an being comfortable with yourself seems more sensible.

ReputationRep:

You have the insecurity of a 12-year-old girl. It is very uncommon in men.

What happened in your past? You grew up in an all-female household, or had a poor relationship with your dad? I am not even kidding; the desire to be beautiful and to be seen as beautiful is a feminine trait. You have a deep neurosis which can only be solved through professional help or lessened by finding yourself a committed partner, rather than random shags from the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    So isnt your issue and the thing you could benefit from is ways to increase your self esteem? In a way what you look like matters less and its more what you think about yourself? Your insecurity is unfounded so its a mental thing.

Getting a girl is one thing, keeping and building an actual relationship is another. If you have no trouble getting girls then why arent you interested in forming actual relationships? No matter how much reassurance and ego boosting people give you, then it will never be enough. Caring less an being comfortable with yourself seems more sensible.
    Nah, you see, I can't OFTEN get with girls I really like. It's rare. Only a few times. And one of them revealed after sleeping with me that she had a boyfriend, another was seemingly "seeing" someone, so they were both out of the question. The other was really attractive but looked too much like a family member and it made me feel weird.

Only a few other times really attractive women have shown interest in me. One of them kept telling me to get off my phone and dance, but then she randomly left me for some other guy (which made me just think I'm probably not attractive enough). Another girl showed interest in me, made out with me very briefly, then her friend took her. She spoke to me one other time in the night but I knew she was with another guy by then, he'd just gone to the bathroom. She was weird she hit on like 5 different guys.

Last two times I tried talking to a girl I was legit interested in their friends took them away.

So you understand my confusion?

Also my friends brainwash me that only appearance matters. Every time I get rejected and try to say "I was a bit awkward tbh" they are like "NO you're just ugly, a hot guy can be shy and awkward and still go home with the prom queen". I legit think they might be correct too.

ReputationRep:
    Your mates sound like gobshites.

ReputationRep:
    Never do this on TSR. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Four photographs: three of which show you staring impassively into the middle-distance with all the listless, alienated charm of a PTSD survivor; only one of which was (ostensibly) taken by someone other than you and even then, betrays but the tiniest flicker of recognisably human emotion.

Contrast mine:

Spoiler:
    Show

Good-looking? Not especially—my appeal is more James McAvoy by way of Derren Brown than Hollyoaks After Dark—but you should realise that since the minimum good-faith requirement for spontaneous physical intimacy is inevitably much higher than for an afternoon coffee-date, telegraphing one's 'social proof' (with its connoted candour, acceptance and affability) will be therefore doubly vital to proceedings.

Objectively you'd perhaps rate 8/10; however, instinctively you radiate low-grade autism, and it's that perception—not your Men's Health physique—which appears in dire need of redress.
    You look like you know how to have a good time. I'd swipe right for you.

It's not all about looks, even though paradoxically the app is based on looks.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly put a lot of time and effort into your appearance already, so what sort of feed back what prompt you to change that, and what suggestions do you anticipate coming out of it?

That's what I thought. Whore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

Contrast mine:

Spoiler:
    Show

I was reading this post and kept looking at the pics and getting confused. On the surface, you are a very attractive guy and it's very obvious from the photo - yet something just doesn't feel right.

These photos from profresh i think nail the reason why - the pics he posted of himself show someone a bit lower in the score stakes/attractiveness rankings yet he looks friendly and full of character and like someone i'd like to hang around with for a while and have a chat to. Your photo makes me concerned and anxious.

I know you said you think you don't look attractive when you smile, but surely you don't go around everywhere not smiling like that? You must smile! If you are walking around like this it'd be terrifying... Please post a happy selfie... you might knock half a point off your attractiveness score but a relaxed, more carefree approach will result in a lot more attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnalouise99)
    I know you said you think you don't look attractive when you smile, but surely you don't go around everywhere not smiling like that? You must smile! If you are walking around like this it'd be terrifying... Please post a happy selfie... you might knock half a point off your attractiveness score but a relaxed, more carefree approach will result in a lot more attention.
    Agreed. Plus why would you want to attract a woman who doesn't find you attractive when you smile? She's got to like you at your "worst" although I highly doubt you look that awful with a smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    You clearly put a lot of time and effort into your appearance already, so what sort of feed back what prompt you to change that, and what suggestions do you anticipate coming out of it?

That's what I thought. Whore.
    The point is if it's discovered I'm objectively good enough for girls like the one I posted, I could actually approach them.

As mentioned I do do it sometimes, when I'm drunk of course. But at least 75% of the time I feel too apprehensive/inhibited.

Conversely if it turned out I'm not good enough then at least I'd know. Then I could focus on my appearance until I am good enough.

So it's very helpful to me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.