What if your points do not match the mark scheme?

Watch
BlibberBlabber
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is mainly about Government and Politics, but I guess this applies to all subjects (except Maths and Sciences where there is a right or wrong answer). I know that it says at the top in bold "This is not an exhaustive list of points" in the mark schemes that I'm looking at but Im wondering do the examiners actually reward points that are not on the mark scheme.

What if you make really good points but they arent listed. I worry about this happening in my exams. What if you give recent examples, for example on the 15 mark questions (for those who do Government and Politics) and they arent on the markscheme. If examiners are in a rush do they just not credit work that isnt on the markscheme?

Also has anybody ever memorised points on previous markschemes and just regurgitated them onto their exam and got good grades (A/A*) or does that not work as they ask different questions?
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You say this doesn't apply to sciences but it does. Very often there are answers that are correct but aren't on the mark scheme or are worded differently and would be marked wrong even though they are perfectly correct.
BlibberBlabber
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
You say this doesn't apply to sciences but it does. Very often there are answers that are correct but aren't on the mark scheme or are worded differently and would be marked wrong even though they are perfectly correct.
I wasnt clear. I meant with the maths and calculations questions, but yes thats what Im worried about. Correct points which make sense that dont get credited because they arent on the mark scheme
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BlibberBlabber)
This is mainly about Government and Politics, but I guess this applies to all subjects (except Maths and Sciences where there is a right or wrong answer). I know that it says at the top in bold "This is not an exhaustive list of points" in the mark schemes that I'm looking at but Im wondering do the examiners actually reward points that are not on the mark scheme.

What if you make really good points but they arent listed. I worry about this happening in my exams. What if you give recent examples, for example on the 15 mark questions (for those who do Government and Politics) and they arent on the markscheme. If examiners are in a rush do they just not credit work that isnt on the markscheme?

Also has anybody ever memorised points on previous markschemes and just regurgitated them onto their exam and got good grades (A/A*) or does that not work as they ask different questions?
Understanding beats memorisation every time! Your examiner is trained and has checks to ensure that reasonable alternative answers are credited!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads