Awwww, his poor fragile feelings.

ReputationRep:
    he has a point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badmantipster)
    he has a point
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    black panther has been treated as liberation for black people even though black people have starred in other block busters even other marvel films.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 70
Size:  69.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    its just a bloody movie

ReputationRep:
    black panther has been treated as liberation for black people even though black people have starred in other block busters even other marvel films.
    You can find idiotic tweets on pretty much every topic that are cherry-picked by people who want to score political points (despite that these views are clearly in the minority). However, I am struggling to find anyone who claims that the movie is more important that MLK, the emancipation of slaves and the end of Jim Crow :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    This movie has grossed $404 million so far, and it's an all black movie. Obviously the right wing SJWs will come out and talk this sort of crap. Ive even heard paul watson claim its pandering to the alt right (he's the most triggered moron imo)

Everyone's enjoying the movie, meanwhile these culturally ignorant idiots will try to create a divisive rhetoric. Pay no attention.

ReputationRep:
    He's quite dramatic, isn't he? Absolutely mad :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's the fakest account ever. It's probably a 40yo loser from 4chan who lives with his parents or a russian bot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)

Why should anyone draw so much attention to race on this? It's just a movie for which its main purpose is to entertain.. I've observed some of both the left and the right do this - seen some people praising it mostly because of race, and I've also seen some people condemn it mostly because of race, which I believe is not a true judgment on the movie as a whole. So, what your opinion on this? What message are you trying to convey by sharing this?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a boorish little man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    Why should anyone draw so much attention to race on this? It's just a movie for which its main purpose is to entertain.. I've observed some of both the left and the right do this - seen some people praising it mostly because of race, and I've also seen some people condemn it mostly because of race, which I believe is not a true judgment on the movie as a whole. So, what your opinion on this? What message are you trying to convey by sharing this?
    Because I find it interesting that the same guy who is known for "owning snowflakes" by his supporters is actually quite the snowflake himself. Watch the video and tell me that he didn't make it all about race. It was basically along the lines of "damn you, Black people. You had two superhero films donkeys of years ago (one which was a major flop), why can't you be happy with that? Why do you have to create yet another film where you are the main characters?"
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Because I find it interesting that the same guy who is known for "owning snowflakes" by his supporters is actually quite the snowflake himself.
    It's funny, this is quite prevalent by those on the right. In particular with the most thin skinned snowflake of them all, sitting in the White House.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Caesar333)
    This movie has grossed $404 million so far, and it's an all black movie. Obviously the right wing SJWs will come out and talk this sort of crap. Ive even heard paul watson claim its pandering to the alt right (he's the most triggered moron imo)

Everyone's enjoying the movie, meanwhile these culturally ignorant idiots will try to create a divisive rhetoric. Pay no attention.
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    He's quite dramatic, isn't he? Absolutely mad :lol:
    (Original post by Napp)
    What a boorish little man.
    Are we watching the same video? He's not triggered (I don't know what you think that means), nor does he have a problem with the movie. He has a problem with how people have been idolising this movie so heavily as some kind of important breakthrough for black people when it's not really all that special. It's a fairly decent marvel movie - like most of them - and nothing more.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    Imagine naming a movie after a white organization that denounced civil practice and advocated violence.
    Imagine thinking the movie was named after an organisation rather than the comic book character (published before the organisation in question was formed) it's about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Are we watching the same video? He's not triggered (I don't know what you think that means), nor does he have a problem with the movie. He has a problem with how people have been idolising this movie so heavily as some kind of important breakthrough for black people when it's not really all that special. It's a fairly decent marvel movie - like most of them - and nothing more.
    I get you but Black Panther is a BIG deal. It's the first mainstream film with a predominantly black cast that is not related to slavery, civil rights etc in anyway. It's also set in Africa and is showing it in a good light for once (even though Wakanda is fictional). In my opinion, it IS a breakthrough.

ReputationRep:
    Because I find it interesting that the same guy who is known for "owning snowflakes" by his supporters is actually quite the snowflake himself. Watch the video and tell me that he didn't make it all about race. It was basically along the lines of "damn you, Black people. You had two superhero films donkeys of years ago (one which was a major flop), why can't you be happy with that? Why do you have to create yet another film where you are the main characters?"
    I believe that Ben's supporters, and even Ben himself, would agree that the whole video was on the topic of race - that was evident.

One could argue that Ben Shapiro is speaking about this on a political talkshow, so he only focuses on the political aspects of subjects and is what to be expected of him. They could also say that Ben just wanted to criticize the certain people that praise the movie and put it on a high pedestal largely due to race of the actors and inflate Black Panther into a great artifact in black history, instead of focusing on the main content. So in that respect, if he just said this simply to only address the people who largely politicized it, okay then, even if I don't agree with his criticisms towards them. If that's just his main focus of the movie formulating his whole impression of Black Panther, then he is indeed, a hypocrite.

Personally, the race of the characters in any form of entertainment doesn't alter my opinions and level of enjoyment of it one bit.

ReputationRep:
    I feel my people are being under appreciated.

When is Curry Man releasing in cinemas?

#BrownLivesMatter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    In other words, he's whining about the reaction to the movie. This video, like every right wing internet video, is just fallacious and filled with straw mans. No one's claiming that its more significant than martin luther king or anything (classic Ben Shapiro), but the numbers show its significant.

In recent years, black movies have been doing amazing, from 12 years a slave, moonlight, Get Out etc etc and that's a major shift from what we usually see.

He's not the only one to be triggered. Paul Watson thinks its alt right. ****ing moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    I believe that Ben's supporters, and even Ben himself, would agree that the whole video was on the topic of race - that was evident.

One could argue that Ben Shapiro is speaking about this on a political talkshow, so he only focuses on the political aspects of subjects and is what to be expected of him. They could also say that Ben just wanted to criticize the certain people that praise the movie and put it on a high pedestal largely due to race of the actors and inflate Black Panther into a great artifact in black history, instead of focusing on the main content. So in that respect, if he just said this simply to only address the people who largely politicized it, okay then, even if I don't agree with his criticisms towards them. If that's just his main focus of the movie formulating his whole impression of Black Panther, then he is indeed, a hypocrite.

Personally, the race of the characters in any form of entertainment doesn't alter my opinions and level of enjoyment of it one bit.
    I mean who were the first people to make this film a big political statement? It was mostly black people and the left.

He isnt going "HURR LOOK BLACK PEOPLE IN MOVIE I DONT LIKE" he is making a observation of the people who are thinking this movie is some milestone in """""diversity""""" and black rights, even the cast is pushing this agenda so you can clearly say this is a political flim not just a film that has become political, I agree with a lot of what he says in the video and he makes pretty valid points

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.