Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    In other words, he's whining about the reaction to the movie. This video, like every right wing internet video, is just fallacious and filled with straw mans. No one's claiming that its more significant than martin luther king or anything (classic Ben Shapiro), but the numbers show its significant.

In recent years, black movies have been doing amazing, from 12 years a slave, moonlight, Get Out etc etc and that's a major shift from what we usually see.

He's not the only one to be triggered. Paul Watson thinks its alt right. ****ing moron.
    It is funny how the left now use the word "triggered" to mean someone making an observation about something and having an opinion, he clearly is not angry and presents fact and pretty sound opinions

no one's claiming that its more significant than martin luther king or anything (classic Ben Shapiro)
    Neither did ben, he said "is it citizen kane, no" Never claimed that people were comparing it to kane (classic Caesar)

Can you tell me one single strawman in his video? most of it is either opinion or fact so please enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    It is funny how the left now use the word "triggered" to mean someone making an observation about something and having an opinion, he clearly is not angry and presents fact and pretty sound opinions

no one's claiming that its more significant than martin luther king or anything (classic Ben Shapiro)
    Neither did ben, he said "is it citizen kane, no" Never claimed that people were comparing it to kane (classic Caesar)

Can you tell me one single strawman in his video? most of it is either opinion or fact so please enlighten me
    I hope you see how you think this is a reply and yet you've ironically proved my point. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everything have to be politicised

ReputationRep:
    mygoodness, it's just a movie- yes it's important in regards to the fact that it's marvel's first film with a majority black cast, director etc but anyone can watch the film. giving up your seat just so a black person can sit in yours in the cinema and trying to gain brownie points from it is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you see how you think this is a reply and yet you've ironically proved my point. Well done.
    So what point have I proven? that I have decontstructed all of your arguments and you seem to not be able to respond in a logical sense.

ReputationRep:
    So what point have I proven? that I have decontstructed all of your arguments and you seem to not be able to respond in a logical sense.
    You have not deconstructed anything. You've just thrown a hissy fit and waffled. As usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Imagine thinking the movie was named after an organisation rather than the comic book character (published before the organisation in question was formed) it's about...
    Stan Lee is a liar he damn well stole the idea of black panther from civil rights movement. Wikipedia is a God damn liar.

ReputationRep:
    You have not deconstructed anything. You've just thrown a hissy fit and waffled. As usual.
    I think your definition of hissy fit probably just means "debated". I told you that your claim that he said that people were comparing it to kane is false and asked for an example of where he used a straman, pretty straight to the point but it seems you just want to have an actual hissy fit to avoid the argument and paint me like an idiot yet you have made yourself look silly

ReputationRep:
    I think your definition of hissy fit probably just means "debated". I told you that your claim that he said that people were comparing it to kane is false and asked for an example of where he used a straman, pretty straight to the point but it seems you just want to have an actual hissy fit to avoid the argument and paint me like an idiot yet you have made yourself look silly
    I've already given an example. Keep moaning though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The black lives matter movement is inherently racist and presents itself as a superior race, instead it overshadows other ethnic minorities in the Holywood industry, such as "Brown" individuals. Therefore, there should be a greater emphasis as a non-black, non-white actor or actress. How many Holywood blockbusters have had a "Brown" lead role!

#BrownLivesMatters

ReputationRep:
    I've already given an example. Keep moaning though.
    What example might this be? the one I told you was blatantly a lie made up by you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    Awwww, his poor fragile feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCkI8EL3-O0

This video is cherry picked. They cut out the part where Ben said that the reason that he doesn't like it is because he doesn't think that people should need someone of the same race to do something for them to believe they have hope.
    He said that there have been no Jewish presidents and his daughter asked about it and he said that there just haven't been any and maybe there will in future.

The point being that people shouldn't think that they can only have success if someone of the same race has because ultimately it just makes people not try for things that they probably would be recognised for had they just tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    Imagine naming a movie after a white organization that denounced civil practice and advocated violence.
    it’s named after a character in a comic

try again, sonny

ReputationRep:
    I know I sound like an idiot and thats because I actually am.
    Thanks, good to know

ReputationRep:
    What example might this be? the one I told you was blatantly a lie made up by you?
    0:46.

There. timestamp. Since you're that stupid and incompetent.

This is why most people here dont bother debating you. You're just much of a moron.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    You can find idiotic tweets on pretty much every topic that are cherry-picked by people who want to score political points (despite that these views are clearly in the minority). However, I am struggling to find anyone who claims that the movie is more important that MLK, the emancipation of slaves and the end of Jim Crow :laugh:
    There are a plethora of movies in the Holywood industry filled with "black" lead roles, constastingly to "brown" actors/actresses. "Black" actors are highly represented, and exploit this movement to the extent of racial superiority and inherited right to claim additional rights over others.

The #BlackLivesMatter movement is THE most racist and ingnorant movevement ever, if a group of people experience racial abuse and exploitation, they should considerately incooperate other ethinic groups such as Asians, the righteous Ameri-indians and indians. However, this movement focusses the issues on the Blacks, instead of being inclusive, if we were to achieve an equal society (which perspectives cannot be forced anywhere, and people will have their racial preferrence and prejudice, its natural UNCHANGEABLE instinctive), then these movements are foolish and paint ethnic minorities as victimisers, constantly needing attentive care.

#BrownLivesMatter -Because "brown" individuals are heavily underrepresented in the movie industry, we haven't had a "Brown president", see it is the same for all minorities, hence the Blacklivesmatter movement is DEAD and Extinct, it is obnoxiously idiotic.

#WhiteLivesMatter- Whites are abused and racially targeted in the majority of African countries, such as Zimbabwe, even the political system is prejudice against whites, farmers are forcibly removed from their land, and this land is favoured towards blacks. Therefore, hypocritical and thus blacks don't even deserve so mutter the words "#BlackLivesMatter", BECAUSE EVERY LIFE MATTERS, NOT JUST YOURS.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, good to know

Does it or does it not share the same name as the radical group? Yep. Was I stating that it was based on the radical group? Nope. I was speaking hypothetically. How would the public perceive a movie named after a white organization that incited and was suspected to have baited conflict from the police? How would the public perceive a movie that carries the same name as a white organization that engaged in gunfights with the police? How would the public perceive a movie that was based on a white organization that is suspected to have purged its members? You are assuming that I am associating the movie title with the group directly.

Nice try, but your argument was feeble. Please try again. This time, actually read my post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip Banks)
    Does it or does it not share the same name as the radical group? Yep. Was I stating that it was based on the radical group? Nope. I was speaking hypothetically. How would the public perceive a movie named after a white organization that incited and was suspected to have baited conflict from the police? How would the public perceive a movie that carries the same name as a white organization that engaged in gunfights with the police? How would the public perceive a movie that was based on a white organization that is suspected to have purged its members? You are assuming that I am associating the movie title with the group directly.

Nice try, but your argument was feeble. Please try again. This time, actually read my post.
    Black panther was made by Stan Lee, a white man. Try again.

god you people are dumb.

ReputationRep:
    0:46.

There. timestamp. Since you're that stupid and incompetent.

This is why most people here dont bother debating you. You're just much of a moron.
    So at 46 seconds in he is discussing his list of marvel films he likes and says ant man would be on there. Well that has deconstructed my argument totally Ben liking antman might actually have destroyed my whole philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Black panther was made by Stan Lee, a white man. Try again.

god you people are dumb.
    Once again, another person missing the point. I suggest you learn how to correctly capitalize letters before you call people dumb lmao.

*God

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.