Turn on thread page Beta

Snowflake gets triggered over a movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eunomia)
    The salty tears are real. I remember when the movie first came out - it had a 6.4 rating on IMDB because salty alt-right guys who had never watched it were purposefully giving it a low score. The rating has started to climb now that the normal people are watching it though.
    yep, they cry about liberals being triggered and yet look what they do. Manipulate and spread false crap online, pathetic. Absolute clowns.

I think they just deleted those bots, but yeah its now at 7.7 which by Imdb ratings is very good

I really dont get the outrage though, yes its a predominantly black movie but so what? If you're triggered by the fact that black people are proud of this then you're a nonce simple as.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Caesar333)
    So, you're triggered by the fact that this smashed the box office and people are talking about it because some others did well? gotcha.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...deopenings.htm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6e51b4916250

Every movie above black panther is a sequel to a movie or a reboot. Whereas Black Panther is the first of its name, with a record domestic opening too. Naturally it wont do well especially overseas as much as something like the 9th crappy fast and furious movies, but it's still setting records. Also did you really end up having to resort to compare it to the avengers?

It's also critically acclaimed, regardless of how you pathetic alt right clowns tried to tank its ratings because you're that salty and triggered.

It's also expected to finish at $800 million, which would be the best for an original title movie.

As I said, I only replied for others to see, but this is just a pathetic attempt to undermine the movie. The numbers speak for itself.
    It's the first black panther but number what in the MCU? 18th, it has a powerful brand behind it. And FYI, Avengers had a bigger opening weekend both domestically and overseas (and trivially therefore worldwide), what are you citing that as the sequel to?

It's intriguing though how printout out your bogus lines of arguments means being triggered, sounds like a bit of triggering to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's the first black panther but number what in the MCU? 18th, it has a powerful brand behind it. And FYI, Avengers had a bigger opening weekend both domestically and overseas (and trivially therefore worldwide), what are you citing that as the sequel to?

It's intriguing though how printout out your bogus lines of arguments means being triggered, sounds like a bit of triggering to me.
    You can't argue with statistics. The avengers has about 5 or so previously introduced characters, so maintaining that that's a valid argument given you said it "has a powerful brand" is a logical contradiction, given the avengers are the flagship lineup of marvel movies.

"bogus lines of arguments" is that why you're unable to refute them and ignore vast chunks of my argument? Dismissing it as bogus just exposes yourself for the pathetic right wing SJW you are. I guess putting your fingers in your ears and crying salty tears helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Stop saying "triggered" when you obviously don't know what it means or how to use it correctly.
    Strictly speaking, the vast majority of people who use it don't know how to use it correctly.

The only bona fide "correct" sense of "triggered" is in reference to people who've had a severely traumatic experience (e.g. been raped/stabbed/shot/etc) having a PTSD panic attack brought on by in some way being reminded of the experience.

In any sort of political argument, by contrast, it's just become a shorthand for a kind of ad hominem fallacy that already existed - "your arguments are hysterical, obsessive and emotional whereas my arguments are purely calm, objective and reasoned, therefore I win".

Apart from being fallacious even on its own terms, it's become so clichéd because everyone thinks they are the calm and reasoned one, and that "triggered" refers only to the reactions of "the other side" (a point you seem to be demonstrating). A thinks that all of his states are merely firmly worded criticisms of B and nothing more, while all B's statements are hysterical overreactions; B is convinced of exactly the same, just vice versa.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    It’s critically acclaimed yes, but when you look at why critics like it... you see the problem that its main line of reasoning for it being good is because of a line of reasoning that reads somewhat like “black emancipation”. That’s where people are complaining about, it seems even critics have forgot their job is to give criticism based on a movie’s qualities, not the very nature of its supposed social impact.
    In reality I think Black Panther is a mediocre film, it has an interesting soundtrack (though I feel like it fails to engage the audience and becomes nothing more than background noise), its narrative is okay - though some story directions are questionable- but it is visually amazing (though given it’s on a Marvel movie budget, it’s not surprising). I find the acting lacklustre tbh, and the dialogue to be the worst part of the movie; this links in with how the actors deliver it and there are some very questionable writing decisions there: if a film has to resort to colonial jokes... it is failing in being witty (there’s also quite an annoying scene within the film involving Freeman which is just... bad)
    I don’t think every Right wing criticism is justified but quite a bit of praise for the film feels unwarranted and fails to look at the film for its qualities, instead praises it for the purpose of maintaining the hype train. Indeed it’s quite bad when people attack a critic for having a lower review score than what had been given thus far
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.G.)
    I feel my people are being under appreciated.

When is Curry Man releasing in cinemas?

#BrownLivesMatter
    Marvel presents
    Curry man and biryani boy
    coming to cinemas near you this summer...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.