Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My question is why does it have to affect my eligible amount of the maintenance loan depending on my parents earnings. Yes is true they earn decent money but is enough for them, I don't depend on them regarding any financial matter. Is it anyway that I can prove this to the GOV? I mean it should at least matter that I have 5 more brothers and sisters which 2 of them are still under 18.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Larisa22)
    Hi! My question is why does it have to affect my eligible amount of the maintenance loan depending on my parents earnings. Yes is true they earn decent money but is enough for them, I don't depend on them regarding any financial matter. Is it anyway that I can prove this to the GOV? I mean it should at least matter that I have 5 more brothers and sisters which 2 of them are still under 18.
    Have you been self supporting for the last 3 years?

ReputationRep:
    More than 3 years
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Larisa22)
    More than 3 years
    Hi Larisa22,

A student can also be considered independent if they supported themselves financially for at least three years prior to the start of their course.
    To be classed as financially independent for the purposes of receiving Student Finance. We will request financial evidence to support your application for independent status. Evidence can be in the form of
    • P60's
    • Payslips
    • Self assessment tax returns

The three years of self support do not need to be consecutive. However they do need to cover 3 years prior to the start of study.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much 🙂🙂🙂

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.