(Original post by Got Milk)
    What you have just said to me is haram!
    Course it is (!)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    so is removing a post talking about who to reach out to when having suicidal thoughts "doing what they need to do" ok then
    They wouldnt just remove a thread like that. There is a reason to it, either comments have been posted that could be seen going against the TSR guideline and could offend another user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    They wouldnt just remove a thread like that. There is a reason to it, either comments have been posted that could be seen going against the TSR guideline and could offend another user.
    sorry to burst your bubble but that's exactly what they did , it didn't even have any comments on it and i didn't even put anyone name or even mention anyone elses name onto it , the truth is tsr mods don't give two dams what normal people go through

ReputationRep:
    You're wrong. Threads talking about committing suicide are removed by mods.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    sorry to burst your bubble but that's exactly what they did , it didn't even have any comments on it and i didn't even put anyone name or even mention anyone elses name onto it , the truth is tsr mods don't give two dams what normal people go through
    What bubble are you bursting? Tbh mods do care, thats the whole reason to why there are TSR mods. How do you know some of them might go through the same thing that other users go through?

ReputationRep:
    What bubble are you bursting? Tbh mods do care, thats the whole reason to why there are TSR mods. How do you know some of them might go through the same thing that other users go through?
    because the one who deleted my post literally said and i quote by this person "sorry for what you're going through but I've never experienced this so i can't help you out here" yet they are the one who deleted my post....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    I just made a new thread that would have hit 100 unique posts MINIMUM! it was a provocative controversial topic that would have been filled with bants and they go and delete it. Lets cut to the chase YOU need ME, not the other way round, I’ve trippled your revenue bringing joy to what would be a even more dead site. I basically resurrected this site from the dead, someone has even gone as far as creating a got milk appreciation society. Last chance mods, treat me right and reap the rewards, cross me again and I will leave and go to another forum where my talents will be more appreciated. Im sick to death of having to cary the weight of TSR on my back and not even get paid a dime, I am basically giving to charity every time I post. If I wanted to I could have my own TV show but I stayed true to my roots and stuck with you ungrateful conts.
    We wouldn't care if you were "gone", no one would notice lol.

ReputationRep:
    But you aren't the one who supposedly created the thread, it was Got Milk , right? Or are you two the same entity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    legit all i wanted was some darn advice before just wanting to end it all , i literally was about to end it all until my mum caught me and put a stop to it

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tbh you think whatever you think is right or wrong. But I know for sure that threads arent deleted without a proper reason
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They're moved out of public view to somewhere private.

ReputationRep:
    i haven’t even heard of u before mate
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hello there,

This is not true at all. Posts relating to suicide or self-harm are immediately referred to our Peer Support Volunteers team - a group of people trained by Samaritans to provide support and refer you to services that can be of help. In some cases, content will be edited and put back up - after all, it's important you get the support you need and we're not here to stop that. However, sometimes threads are unfortunately too triggering to be left on the public site or they could potentially attract insensitive comments which isn't something we can allow to happen, especially when someone is vulnerable and feeling in that way. That's why PSV exists, to provide support. Threads aren't removed and forgotten about at all.

I hope this explanation helps.

Also, OP - you always make me laugh and all but I'm going to have to close this unfortunately as discussion of moderation actions isn't OK on the public site. Really very sorry!

Take care folks.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.