Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been really tempted to firm Cardiff uni to study Politics and International Relations. However, I am now unsure as Cardiff has dropped in the rankings considerably. This has happened in both the overall uni rankings and the subject rankings. Is there any particular reason as to why this has occurred?

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for this particular case but I think you should take rankings with a grain of salt. Your personal compatibility with the living environment and campus community are IMO 20x more important.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukebsilver)
    I can't speak for this particular case but I think you should take rankings with a grain of salt. Your personal compatibility with the living environment and campus community are IMO 20x more important.
    I agree with you - I really like the feel of the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukebsilver)
    the rankings take into consideration:

satisfaction with course - important
    satisfaction with teaching - important
    satisfaction with feedback - important
    graduate prospects - important
    % good honours - important etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CollectiveSoul)
    the rankings take into consideration:

satisfaction with course - important
    satisfaction with teaching - important
    satisfaction with feedback - important
    graduate prospects - important
    % good honours - important etc. etc.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I know I shouldn't think about the rankings too much but I believe there must be a reason for it to fall so drastically.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.