Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 and my prom is in July - all of my friends are getting really excited about going and are making lots of plans however I'm not sure if I want to go. Everyone is telling me that I should go because I would enjoy it when I was there and I'd regret it afterwards if I didn't go. However my personal view is that there is a lot or pressure surrounding prom to look a certain way and spend a load of money etc. and I don't really think my parents can afford it so I don't really know what to do - should I go or not?
    Another issue is that one girl in our friend group is very mean, especially to me, and controlling and I don't particularly want to go to prom with her which is something I said right from the start but everyone is going along with her plans but I also don't want to go by myself (don't ask it's anxiety and stuff)

ReputationRep:
    Not an issue
    I didn't go mainly because I was sleeping

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a prom in Year 13? It's not the end of the world if you don't attend this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    Do you have a prom in Year 13? It's not the end of the world if you don't attend this one.
    I’m not sure - I have to go to a separate college for a levels (we don’t have a sixth form) and I don’t know what they do there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james ionicbond)
    Not an issue
    I didn't go mainly because I was sleeping
    Fair enough haha
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.