Turn on thread page Beta

Easy courses? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Since Theresa May is looking to cut tuition fees on certain degrees, what degrees do you believe are easy? Or not worth it? Asking out of curiosity.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KW300417)
    Since Theresa May is looking to cut tuition fees on certain degrees, what degrees do you believe are easy? Or not worth it? Asking out of curiosity.
    In principle the difficulty shouldn't be determined by the subject matter itself but by the standard set at the University. It's also the case that subjects that seem easy for some are difficult for others as we don't all have the same kinds of intellectual skills or orientations.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well it really depends on how you define 'easy' doesnt it.
    On the one hand degrees such as media studies et al. cop a lot of **** for being easy but whose to say a student of Maths wouldnt bomb out on it and that the student of Media might breeze through maths..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Well it really depends on how you define 'easy' doesnt it.
    On the one hand degrees such as media studies et al. cop a lot of **** for being easy but whose to say a student of Maths wouldnt bomb out on it and that the student of Media might breeze through maths..
    media seems so easy though, i don't really think anyone doing math would flop media, i mean its uni you don't really need to be creative just follow exactly what the assignment task says and just go from there, media students probably wouldn't be able to cope with math, neither would i tbh

ReputationRep:
    It is quite a tough thing and I do wonder what the government is going to do about it. On the one hand, an English degree that has 4 hours of contact per week for students probably isn't worth £9250. But at the other end of the scale it costs more to put on an engineering degree with 25 contact hours a week and chances are the engineering grad will earn much more than the English grad. But then we need to encourage more engineering under grads.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.