Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied to join the RAF as an IntO, I had my CBAT last week and missed out on passing for my branch by the smallest margin. It was the first time I’d sat the CBAT, and although I’d passed for AMB, WSOP linguist and ATC, Intelligence is what my heart is set on.

My AFCO had contacted me and asked if I’d like to pursue as an intelligence analyst at trade level instead. I had really hoped to go in as an officer, but am considering going in at trade. Can anyone let me know if I do go in as IntAn, how long it would be before it is likely I could go for/attain a commission? Or whether it would be worth waiting a year and resitting my CBAT.

Any advice/help/recommendations would be wonderful.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by lfegg92)
    Wait a year and resit the CBAT. It would take much longer than that to join the ranks and get commissioned, if it was ever possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfegg92)
    I recently applied to join the RAF as an IntO, I had my CBAT last week and missed out on passing for my branch by the smallest margin. It was the first time I’d sat the CBAT, and although I’d passed for AMB, WSOP linguist and ATC, Intelligence is what my heart is set on.

My AFCO had contacted me and asked if I’d like to pursue as an intelligence analyst at trade level instead. I had really hoped to go in as an officer, but am considering going in at trade. Can anyone let me know if I do go in as IntAn, how long it would be before it is likely I could go for/attain a commission? Or whether it would be worth waiting a year and resitting my CBAT.

Any advice/help/recommendations would be wonderful.
    Bare minimum to stand a decent chance? At least 5 years. And that's after all your training. And you could still get turned down.
    Tpd's advice is best.

(Original post by hurley.h)
    Have you considered any other of the forces? I’ve got my heart set on Army Intelligence but you don’t choose your preferred path until you’re in the third term of Sandhurst. Is there a specific choice for the RAF?
    Yes. You apply and join to go into a specific branch. It's a different system.
    The Army is the only one that doesn't let you know what you're in for.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.