Turn on thread page Beta

Throughout the year I come across various things I'd like to have. But as my birthday approaches I can't seem to come up with anything anymore. I guess I'm really lucky that there's nothing I really need but my family and friends are beginning to ask what I'd like and I feel like it's lame to just ask for money.
    Could you please help me out with some suggestions? Maybe you'd come up with something that I wanted before but forgot about.

For this to work I'll give you some info: I'm a girl and I'm turning 18.
    If you seriously want to help out here are some things I can't ask:
    - A car (both expensive and inconvenient)
    - A new pc (I can buy one with a huge discount when I'm at uni next year so it'd be a waste)
    - Jewellery (I've lost gold before so I don't trust myself with anything nicd anymore)

P.S. Does anyone else find it hard to think of birthday presents?

ReputationRep:
    Theatre tickets are a good thing to get as it’s more of a memory and can make a whole night of it? (Although expensive)
    I’m also asking for a DNA tester kit (sounds a bit nerdy but watch videos on it it’s so cool!), which lets you find out what pats of the world your DNA is from (so your family)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by lcschofield)
    Theatre tickets are a good thing to get as it’s more of a memory and can make a whole night of it? (Although expensive)
    I’m also asking for a DNA tester kit (sounds a bit nerdy but watch videos on it it’s so cool!), which lets you find out what pats of the world your DNA is from (so your family)
    Thanks for your ideas! Unfortunately I live in a very remote area with not many theatre productions but I'm going to look into theatres in some nearby cities. It's very original nevertheless. I'll look into the DNA kit, I'm a bit nerdy myself sometimes so that's allright I don't know if it would be of any use though bc I know exactly where I'm from🤔
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I had a holiday for my 18. A skiing trip. Must be somewhere you've always wanted to go.

(Original post by jfrench74)
    I had a holiday for my 18. A skiing trip. Must be somewhere you've always wanted to go.
    That's super nice! Where'd you go and did you go with your parents or friends? I however don't really have somewhere I really want to go except for America which is a bit too expensive I think...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Zell am See Austria.
    Went with my sister bit made friends out there which was cool.

A long weekend on New York can be a good price.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by jfrench74)
    Zell am See Austria.
    Went with my sister bit made friends out there which was cool.

A long weekend on New York can be a good price.
    Wow that's cool I went to Zell am See last year too. And right now I'm just a few villages down from there

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.