Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm halfway through my first year and I'm doing Psychology with Studies in Europe (so therefore one of my modules is Italian). I am really not enjoying it, especially Italian, and want to change it to Film with a Year Abroad.
    What's the possibility that I'll be transferred onto a different course this year?
    Or am I going to have to finish off this year doing my current degree?
    If so.. Could I get rid of my Italian module as quick as possible as I am really struggling with it and think I might end up failing it..

ReputationRep:
    No one here can answer this properly, you need to speak with your supervisor about what actions you can take and then discuss with TSR or anyone you want input from to make a decision.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukebsilver)
    No one here can answer this properly, you need to speak with your supervisor about what actions you can take and then discuss with TSR or anyone you want input from to make a decision.
    I already requested a 'changing degree form' and emailed my advisor about it but have to wait for a reply so was just wondering maybe someone went through similar thing as me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi mz255

Sorry to hear about your situation and that you are not enjoying your first year. As lukebsilver said you need to speak with your supervisor to find out what your options are but in my opinion I doubt you could change to a different degree at this stage, we are coming to the end of February now and there are only 3 months left in the academic year. Do you not enjoy Psychology at all? If you were enjoying the psychology element then maybe you could drop the Italian and transfer to a Psychology degree in September. Also, why do you want to change to film?

I'm guessing you are 18/19 years of age. I'm a little older and have been through uni already. If there was any advice I could give you then it would be to think carefully about what you want to study. Things are very different now with the extortionate fees students are expected to pay. Do you think spending £9,000+ on fees alone every year, on a degree in Film, is going to secure you a well paid job when you qualify? If so then go for it but be careful with what you decide to do, take your time and research all your options. Have you considered studying abroad? The Netherlands have much lower fees than here in the UK for example. Don't put yourself under pressure now to make a decision and speak with as many people a you can before committing to anything.

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.