Turn on thread page Beta

Keep getting compliments, how to proceed? watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently, met a girl through a mutual friend and we started hanging out as a group. However, as time went we started finding that we share a lot of similar interests and have a lot in common. I think we kind of liked one another, and it wasn't until a friend asked me in a situation if I liked her that I knew she had feelings for me.

I did go on like a date with this person after and politely told them that I wouldn't be the right man for her. Said I would disappoint her etc, and she said it was fine.

But we keep in touch and she keeps saying I'm handsome and asking for my height etc. Does she still like me? I just want to be her friend and not be romantically linked to her

ReputationRep:
    take her to the bar and have a drink with her.

ReputationRep:
    She likes you. If you're not interested - let her know (and not like "i'll hurt you" "i'm no good for you") just be straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    take her to the bar and have a drink with her.
    Oh god, please no. This is a BAD MOVE, and I can see it coming all the way!

Just wanna be friends with the person and keep distance, but I don't know how to do so WITHOUT BEING RUDE. I could easily just be like F off, but I'm not geared like that - have morals

Why don't you want to get with her?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It is weird that she keeps asking for your height. Does your height constantly change or something?

But anyway, if she says you're not the right man for her after the first date then she probably means it. If it was you who said it then that's just shooting yourself in the foot. To recover, you probably need to tell her up front that you want to go on another date because in her mind, you don't like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinze)
    Oh god, please no. This is a BAD MOVE, and I can see it coming all the way!

Just wanna be friends with the person and keep distance, but I don't know how to do so WITHOUT BEING RUDE. I could easily just be like F off, but I'm not geared like that - have morals
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png (73.9 KB)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.