The Student Room Group

Change field of nursing from adult to childrens

I started my nursing degree (Adult) in September 2017 but am having regrets about choosing the adult field. I chose adult because it has better job opportunities after qualifying but I feel children would suit me much better.

Does anybody know if you can change your field of nursing after starting the course? I am still at the beginning of my degree and if there are places spare on children's nursing do you think uni would allow me to change?

If I ask uni would that make it seem as though I have no interest in continuing the course?

Has anyone been through the same thing?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile: xx
Original post by EB28
I started my nursing degree (Adult) in September 2017 but am having regrets about choosing the adult field. I chose adult because it has better job opportunities after qualifying but I feel children would suit me much better.

Does anybody know if you can change your field of nursing after starting the course? I am still at the beginning of my degree and if there are places spare on children's nursing do you think uni would allow me to change?

If I ask uni would that make it seem as though I have no interest in continuing the course?

Has anyone been through the same thing?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile: xx

Hi, I haven’t done this myself but at my university, depending on numbers, they allow students nurses to change branch at the end of the first year. So I can imagine it may be a possibility at your uni.
I think if you say to your personal tutor you feel passionate about children’s nursing & ask about the possibility of changing branches, I don’t think it would sound like you have no interest in continuing.
Good luck with everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending