Turn on thread page Beta

Change field of nursing from adult to childrens watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started my nursing degree (Adult) in September 2017 but am having regrets about choosing the adult field. I chose adult because it has better job opportunities after qualifying but I feel children would suit me much better.

Does anybody know if you can change your field of nursing after starting the course? I am still at the beginning of my degree and if there are places spare on children's nursing do you think uni would allow me to change?

If I ask uni would that make it seem as though I have no interest in continuing the course?

Has anyone been through the same thing?

Any advice would be appreciated xx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EB28)
    I started my nursing degree (Adult) in September 2017 but am having regrets about choosing the adult field. I chose adult because it has better job opportunities after qualifying but I feel children would suit me much better.

Does anybody know if you can change your field of nursing after starting the course? I am still at the beginning of my degree and if there are places spare on children's nursing do you think uni would allow me to change?

If I ask uni would that make it seem as though I have no interest in continuing the course?

Has anyone been through the same thing?

Any advice would be appreciated xx
    Hi, I haven’t done this myself but at my university, depending on numbers, they allow students nurses to change branch at the end of the first year. So I can imagine it may be a possibility at your uni.
    I think if you say to your personal tutor you feel passionate about children’s nursing & ask about the possibility of changing branches, I don’t think it would sound like you have no interest in continuing.
    Good luck with everything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.