Turn on thread page Beta

hi guys,
    so i have dark south asian skin and i love it. but i would love some tips on making it smoother and softer and bscly GLOWY.
    thanks xxx p.s ive tried coconut oil, olive oil and turmeric
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi guys,
    so i have dark south asian skin and i love it. but i would love some tips on making it smoother and softer and bscly GLOWY.
    Moved to fashion and beauty

Do you find it is less smooth in winter or just in general? I heard shea butter is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Moved to fashion and beauty

Do you find it is less smooth in winter or just in general? I heard shea butter is good
    just in general. no acne but kinda roughish skin i guess x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moisturise and drink plenty of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Moisturise and drink plenty of water.
    what kinda moisturisers should i use? rn its good old simple
    x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by p_s79)
    what kinda moisturisers should i use? rn its good old simple
    x
    I think any is fine as long as it moisturises.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I think any is fine as long as it moisturises.
    cool thanks x

ReputationRep:
    What's your skin type (dry, oily, combo, sensitive, acne prone etc)? It'll be easier to find what type of moisturiser you're after, there's also masks you can buy at any stores that dedicated into hydrating and produce healthy, glowing skin. Exfoliating is really great if you want soft skin that looks brighter and healthier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurani61105)
    What's your skin type (dry, oily, combo, sensitive, acne prone etc)? It'll be easier to find what type of moisturiser you're after, there's also masks you can buy at any stores that dedicated into hydrating and produce healthy, glowing skin. Exfoliating is really great if you want soft skin that looks brighter and healthier.
    deff dry :[ are there any good masks/moisturisers that you would recommend? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi guys,

i’m south asian too so ig we should be close in colour? i’m fenty 350 if you want to compare
    i stick to just natural products and i think it works so well, it’s a lot cheaper too, even tho i wear loads of makeup my skin is pretty decent so i think it’s bc of my skincare routine
    i wash my face morning and night with african black soap. it REALLY cleans your face, the dryness caused by it goes away after you moisturise. if you have sensitive skin it may not be the best for you but definitely would recommend to try it out
    and for moisturiser at night, or on days i’m not wearing makeup (barely ever lol) i use shea butter. i warm it up w my fingers and put it all over my face, it’s really helped w smoothness and makes your face so dewy and glowy
    for moisturiser before makeup i use rosehip oil, it’s got anti ageing properties too for the future, it’s a lot less heavy than shea butter but still really moisturiser and helps with making makeup application smoother
    the only “unnatural” product i use is the mario badescu drying lotion for any pimples, this helps get rid of them quickly
    all of these can be bought on amazon, and i get the drying lotion from beauty bay
    i hope this helped!!

ReputationRep:
    For dry skin, have tried mixing a little jojoba oil in some she's butter? It's so great and hydrating, makes my skin feel so smooth. For a mask I would recommend using virgin coconut oil and mixing it raw honey and adding some oatmeal and then leave for 10-20min. This is a great exfoliating and moisturising mask, and I always get smooth, glowy skin afterwards (make sure to moisturise after it).

ReputationRep:
    Argan oil or shea butter are good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slimthicc)
    i’m south asian too so ig we should be close in colour? i’m fenty 350 if you want to compare
    i stick to just natural products and i think it works so well, it’s a lot cheaper too, even tho i wear loads of makeup my skin is pretty decent so i think it’s bc of my skincare routine
    i wash my face morning and night with african black soap. it REALLY cleans your face, the dryness caused by it goes away after you moisturise. if you have sensitive skin it may not be the best for you but definitely would recommend to try it out
    and for moisturiser at night, or on days i’m not wearing makeup (barely ever lol) i use shea butter. i warm it up w my fingers and put it all over my face, it’s really helped w smoothness and makes your face so dewy and glowy
    for moisturiser before makeup i use rosehip oil, it’s got anti ageing properties too for the future, it’s a lot less heavy than shea butter but still really moisturiser and helps with making makeup application smoother
    the only “unnatural” product i use is the mario badescu drying lotion for any pimples, this helps get rid of them quickly
    all of these can be bought on amazon, and i get the drying lotion from beauty bay
    i hope this helped!!
    so informative thanks b! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurani61105)
    For dry skin, have tried mixing a little jojoba oil in some she's butter? It's so great and hydrating, makes my skin feel so smooth. For a mask I would recommend using virgin coconut oil and mixing it raw honey and adding some oatmeal and then leave for 10-20min. This is a great exfoliating and moisturising mask, and I always get smooth, glowy skin afterwards (make sure to moisturise after it).
    thank youu xx i will deff try the mask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Argan oil or shea butter are good
    yeah heard good things about both will try ty xo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.