Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a very hard time choosing between the two options. So I need everyone's help on which option would be best in every aspect such as personally, financially, emotionally etc. Personally I am more interested in digital marketing but I am just curious to if it will be the right one for me.

I am 21 years old and I want to sort my life out as I have wasted many years pretty much not doing anything apart from working in my dads takeaway.

A lot of people say to me, to just relax and takeover my dads businesses but that could also be an option I don't know?

I really don't exactly know what I want to do with my life so I have limited it down to at least 3 options (including taking over my dads business) but then I feel as if, if I do take over my dads business then I haven't really achieved something on my own?

Also I know that with Personal Training and Digital Marketing you could start your own business. So am wanting to know specifically what kind of business could I start Digital Marketing if I get into it?

Now if I do take digital marketing am thinking if I should take it with these. There is a platform called The Training Room which offer Digital Marketing which is an E-Learning course. On the completion of the course which costs just under £3000. Which can take from 3-6 months. They also offer a web development course for a discounted price for a additional 400 if you take the digital marketing course.

The certificates they offer are:

-CIW Internet Business Associate
    -CIW Social Media
    - Advanced Good AdWords
    -Adobe Photoshop

Also could you's let me know if CIW certificates are recognised and what level would they be?

Another question...What is the salary expected for Digital Marketing and Personal Training?

So yeah I think I have stated everything I needed to say. Sorry for writing an essay I just NEED SOME SERIOUS GUIDANCE LOL.

Would appreciate if someone could shed someone light on me and help me realise which option would be best for me.

digital marketing and if you did tak over your dads business you could use that knowledge and apply i to promote the business
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Thanks Rob, appreciate your feedback. If I could get peoples opinions please.

ur probably better off doing a dm apprenticeship
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.