Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any top revision tips and techniques for achieving an A in AS Biology

Much Appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by localstudent)
    Anyone got any top revision tips and techniques for achieving an A in AS Biology

Much Appreciated!
    What exam board are you? I am OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManarKhadi)
    What exam board are you? I am OCR
    I am AQA

ReputationRep:
    I am AQA
    Trust me when I say this:

. Get snaprevise (do not have to but it works)
    .Print of specification
    .Bullet point revision guide (do not learn in chunks)
    .PAST EXAM QUESTIONS

Do a topic a week with exam questions but dont overuse all the exam questions because you need some just before exam

ReputationRep:
    Trust me when I say this:

. Get snaprevise (do not have to but it works)
    .Print of specification
    .Bullet point revision guide (do not learn in chunks)
    .PAST EXAM QUESTIONS

Do a topic a week with exam questions but dont overuse all the exam questions because you need some just before exam
    Thank you very much for the advice, very much appreciated. Are you in Year 12 or Year 13 if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the advice, very much appreciated. Are you in Year 12 or Year 13 if you don't mind me asking?
    Year 12, but I have been getting A's and B's during my mocks and class and that is what I am doing. I have also received advice from students who attend KCL, QMUL and LSE. It is really helping. I struggled with Bio at first, but its just practice and revision. If you start now you are going to make it.

ReputationRep:
    Year 12, but I have been getting A's and B's during my mocks and class and that is what I am doing. I have also received advice from students who attend KCL, QMUL and LSE. It is really helping. I struggled with Bio at first, but its just practice and revision. If you start now you are going to make it.
    How many hours of revision a day would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    How many hours of revision a day would you suggest?
    Personally, 3-4 hours, but that just depends on you and where you are in terms of grades. Do not be disappointed if you are getting E'S or D's or even C's; two months should definitely be enough. Do not try learning everything at once. Take small stepping stones. I wake up around 5:30 am to revise...but not the past two days

ReputationRep:
    Personally, 3-4 hours, but that just depends on you and where you are in terms of grades. Do not be disappointed if you are getting E'S or D's or even C's; two months should definitely be enough. Do not try learning everything at once. Take small stepping stones. I wake up around 5:30 am to revise...but not the past two days
    That doesn't sound too bad to me, as I am currently doing 2-3 hours of revision a day. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you rate snaprevise?

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound too bad to me, as I am currently doing 2-3 hours of revision a day. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you rate snaprevise?
    Honestly, a 9 (dead serious). I have chemistry as well and for topic 1, I thought I knew everything, however, I learnt sooo much!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, a 9 (dead serious). I have chemistry as well and for topic 1, I thought I knew everything, however, I learnt sooo much!
    Thank you so much for the time you took to share your advice. Much appreciated 😁

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the time you took to share your advice. Much appreciated 😁
    No worries! Just be optimistic (dont stress, ugh need to take that advice myself)!.

P.S. you will get your A's!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Save your money, don’t get snaprevise

There’s so many free online resources that are easily better

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=HeadHoncho;76199970]Save your money, don’t get snaprevise

Which websites would you say are better than snaprevise ?

ReputationRep:

Much Appreciated!
    Do as many past papers as you can and then repeat them. There are some past papers based on specific topics, so you study and revise a topic then try to do as many past papers as you can. I've included the website.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on/aqa-unit-1/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    Do as many past papers as you can and then repeat them. There are some past papers based on specific topics, so you study and revise a topic then try to do as many past papers as you can. I've included the website.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on/aqa-unit-1/
    Thank you for the link 👍

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the link 👍
    snaprevise not physics and maths tutor. Physics and maths tutor is more past papers, snaprevise is where a person actually goes through every topic with you with exam questions and tips!!!!!!! Its worth it, i was skeptical in the beginning but do not regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.