The Student Room Group

Achieving a in as biology

Anyone got any top revision tips and techniques for achieving an A in AS Biology

Much Appreciated!
Original post by localstudent
Anyone got any top revision tips and techniques for achieving an A in AS Biology

Much Appreciated!

What exam board are you? I am OCR
Original post by ManarKhadi
What exam board are you? I am OCR

I am AQA
I am AQA

Trust me when I say this:

. Get snaprevise (do not have to but it works)
.Print of specification
.Bullet point revision guide (do not learn in chunks)
.PAST EXAM QUESTIONS

Do a topic a week with exam questions but dont overuse all the exam questions because you need some just before exam
Trust me when I say this:

. Get snaprevise (do not have to but it works)
.Print of specification
.Bullet point revision guide (do not learn in chunks)
.PAST EXAM QUESTIONS

Do a topic a week with exam questions but dont overuse all the exam questions because you need some just before exam

Thank you very much for the advice, very much appreciated. Are you in Year 12 or Year 13 if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you very much for the advice, very much appreciated. Are you in Year 12 or Year 13 if you don't mind me asking?

Year 12, but I have been getting A's and B's during my mocks and class and that is what I am doing. I have also received advice from students who attend KCL, QMUL and LSE. It is really helping. I struggled with Bio at first, but its just practice and revision. If you start now you are going to make it.
Year 12, but I have been getting A's and B's during my mocks and class and that is what I am doing. I have also received advice from students who attend KCL, QMUL and LSE. It is really helping. I struggled with Bio at first, but its just practice and revision. If you start now you are going to make it.

How many hours of revision a day would you suggest?
How many hours of revision a day would you suggest?

Personally, 3-4 hours, but that just depends on you and where you are in terms of grades. Do not be disappointed if you are getting E'S or D's or even C's; two months should definitely be enough. Do not try learning everything at once. Take small stepping stones. I wake up around 5:30 am to revise...but not the past two days :frown:
Personally, 3-4 hours, but that just depends on you and where you are in terms of grades. Do not be disappointed if you are getting E'S or D's or even C's; two months should definitely be enough. Do not try learning everything at once. Take small stepping stones. I wake up around 5:30 am to revise...but not the past two days :frown:

That doesn't sound too bad to me, as I am currently doing 2-3 hours of revision a day. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you rate snaprevise?
That doesn't sound too bad to me, as I am currently doing 2-3 hours of revision a day. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you rate snaprevise?

Honestly, a 9 (dead serious). I have chemistry as well and for topic 1, I thought I knew everything, however, I learnt sooo much!
Honestly, a 9 (dead serious). I have chemistry as well and for topic 1, I thought I knew everything, however, I learnt sooo much!

Thank you so much for the time you took to share your advice. Much appreciated 😁
Thank you so much for the time you took to share your advice. Much appreciated 😁

No worries! Just be optimistic (dont stress, ugh need to take that advice myself)!.

P.S. you will get your A's!!!!!!!!!! :wink::tongue:
Save your money, don’t get snaprevise

There’s so many free online resources that are easily better
Original post by HeadHoncho
Save your money, don’t get snaprevise

Which websites would you say are better than snaprevise ?

Much Appreciated!

Do as many past papers as you can and then repeat them. There are some past papers based on specific topics, so you study and revise a topic then try to do as many past papers as you can. I've included the website.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/aqa-unit-1/
Original post by GreenBell
Do as many past papers as you can and then repeat them. There are some past papers based on specific topics, so you study and revise a topic then try to do as many past papers as you can. I've included the website.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/aqa-unit-1/

Thank you for the link 👍
thank you for the link 👍

snaprevise not physics and maths tutor. Physics and maths tutor is more past papers, snaprevise is where a person actually goes through every topic with you with exam questions and tips!!!!!!! Its worth it, i was skeptical in the beginning but do not regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest