How can Trump be rated? He hasn't done anything yet.
He's the worst president because he isn't actually a president. He doesn't listen to briefings, he ignores his intelligence chiefs, and makes policy decisions based on what fools that landed in the WH tell him to do. He has no grasp of the country he's running or the world around it and can't see beyond his own insecurities. He's made telling the truth an achievement, allowed the public revival of nazis and other hate groups, tried to ban a religion within the first week of office and worst of all has laid the foundation for his insanity to become the norm in America's future. When you have a bunch of people who will support them no matter what and one of only two political parties who are either too weak or too evil to stand up to him and keep him from behaving like a demented child, then yeah I'd say he's been in office long enough to be the worst president.
This is just stupid anti-Trumpism because of the current trend of people believing that they can bring about change by wanting it badly enough, quite regardless of the machinery of democracy (qv Brexit).
Certainly, Trump does not seem to be a good President - but "worst ever" is just dumb.
How about every Democratic President prior to the Civil War? How about Nixon? How about LBJ? These are terrible Presidents who did actual terrible things, rather than just being hated by on side of the political spectrum.
There is no objective way of measuring such things, just a bunch of so-called political scientists playing with themselves and who cares what they make of it. Totally inconsequential to the rest of the world.
Truman 6th and Obama 8th what the heck
Another reason why I'm skeptical of Obama being ranked 8th, is if you were compare him legislatively and policy wise to David Cameron, they're actually very similar:
- David Cameron also dug the UK out of the a hole from the great recession
- David Cameron also halved unemployment
- David Cameron also escalated the war in Afghanistan, before gradually drawing it down
- David Cameron also pulled troops out of Iraq
- David Cameron also helped spearhead the Iran nuclear deal
- David Cameron also signed up to the Paris Climate agreement
- David Cameron also passed gay marriage and lgbt laws
- David Cameron also doubled the stock market (FTSE 100, going 3,500 to nearly 7,000)
So aside from Obama's healthcare law (which still leaves about 30-40 million uninsured), they're almost identical in many ways, but who ranks David Cameron as one of Britain's greatest ever prime ministers? I know he's been ruined since because of Brexit but before Brexit, most people wouldn't have taken you seriously if you suggested he was all time great prime minister.
So leaves us the big elephant in the living room as to why Obama is ranked as high as he is, well you assume two things:
- Exceptionally charismatic (this I give him credit for because he is a superb orator, perhaps the greatest they've had)
- First black president (undoubtedly is a wonderful moment in US history, but he shouldn't be ranked for that).
It's really no surprise, but it is too early to start rating him.