Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend has SECRET/fake Instagram profile x2 watch

Okaaay so I am too confused as to whether I'm totally exaggerating or not.

So, recently I found out that my boyfriend has a secret/fake Instagram profile. How I found out is of no significance. However, he denied it when I confronted him and I told myself to forget it because after all I couldn't prove it. His behaviour towards me hasn't changed (he's actually much sweeter)
    I really don't know why he has the need to follow these girls from a fake profile. The worst part of this - AND DO NOT CALL ME JEALOUS OR INSECURE - is that he is following ordinary girls from our town and not famous half naked women... I think I would actually be more okay with the latter. Do not (and I repeat) do NOT call me insecure. Because I am not - I just find it so disgusting.
    I confronted him and as I said before he obviously denied it. He kept telling me "why would I do it and why would I keep it on the low. You're the one I love" and so on..
    Now I found another IG profile that I am sure belongs to him. He is using the second one after I confronted him about the first one. And he is following (more or less) the exact same girls.
    Now, My question is; what do I do? Do I tell him? I love him but I am willing to let him go because why would he do that behind my back?
    I don't want to be categorised as the crazy girlfriend who spies on him which he probably is going to use against me. How can I avoid this?
    I am good enough, should I accept such behaviour?
    Am I exaggerating?
    Any advice is appreciated but please behave

ReputationRep:
    I think u should be sure enough.. I dont think u r exaggerating bcoz this whole things sounds really strange.. But if u think this guy has been honest with u for long and him not following those "badgirls" typo behind ur back then I think it should be fine.
    I feel u are over thinking about it that it makes u feel like he made that new IG profile to prove u wrong and stuff but I dont think so, Anyways u shouldnt break up or anything bcoz of this.. He is not sexting or chatting with some hoes.
    And COMMUNICATE. dont come off rude or angry but tell him that u dont feel good about what is going on his Insta stuffs and that want to hear from him about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're exaggerating a bit. Just speak to him and see why he did what he did. If he's lying, prove him wrong and see what he says.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.