Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im struggling to decide on which accommodation to apply for. I don't want to be catered for, i want to live mainly in the city centre and also i want to live in a social accommodation (not a quiet one) with an ensuite. Which would be the best? Can any first year students recommend anything or tell me about your experience so far?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Livwheatley)
    Im struggling to decide on which accommodation to apply for. I don't want to be catered for, i want to live mainly in the city centre and also i want to live in a social accommodation (not a quiet one) with an ensuite. Which would be the best? Can any first year students recommend anything or tell me about your experience so far?
    Not a Leeds student, but I've heard Central Village is quite popular?

Going to move this over to the Leeds forum for you

ReputationRep:
    Leodis is good, cheaper than CV but not as over-subscribed, and has the exact same facilities, quick 10 minute walk to uni and fairly sociable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    Leodis is good, cheaper than CV but not as over-subscribed, and has the exact same facilities, quick 10 minute walk to uni and fairly sociable
    is it actually 10 mins and is CV sociable?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiantoinette)
    I'm a slow walker, and it was 10 minute for me to get the chemistry department, which is the first bit of uni you hit
    CV is difficult, it's split into 4 huge buildings, so while there's lots of people, everytime i've been there it's been quiet - but thats the same with any hall, the only exceptions is catered where it's a lot of people sharing 1 kitchen so there's more people about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livwheatley)
    Heyyy I’m in the same position! I’ve been looking into iQ Leeds and Carlton Hill, depends what price you’re looking for?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiantoinette)
    I wouldnt worry about whether a particular accommodation is sociable or not as you will get a different answer from everyone you ask as ultimately it depends on the flatmates you get put with rather than anything else

For example I have a few friends that stayed in different flats within CV and some had a very sociable flat and some didnt, there was no real correlation

CV is the closest off campus accommodation depending on your academic building (probably 5ish mins walk before you hit the first uni building on campus and then another 5 to get to the chemistry building as another poster mentioned)

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.