Turn on thread page Beta

I’m currently unhappy in my sixth form and want to leave, I’ve applied for a couple of apprenticeships but I’m not sure if I should leave sixth form ASAP or If the apprenticeships will accept me while I’m still in full time education yet leaving as soon as I get confirmation.

Will this effect the apprenticeship decision?

I know someone who applied for apprenticeship whilst still at college and were accepted. I'm not too sure whether it will cause a problem or not to you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m currently unhappy in my sixth form and want to leave, I’ve applied for a couple of apprenticeships but I’m not sure if I should leave sixth form ASAP or If the apprenticeships will accept me while I’m still in full time education yet leaving as soon as I get confirmation.

Hi,

It’s always important to think about any decision before you make it so it’s great you’re asking questions.

There’s no harm in applying for an apprenticeship positions while you are still in Sixth Form; you don’t have to leave what you’re currently doing just to apply.

If you are successful in your apprenticeship application, then you can make the decision about whether it’s the right step for you; if not, you can stay with your Sixth Form until the right opportunity arrives.

You won’t be able to do both the apprenticeship and continue at sixth form at the same time and the employer is likely to know this; you can certainly tell the employer that you’re currently studying but if you’re successful at your interview, you will be leaving your studies for the apprenticeship.

I hope this helps!

Tom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Stay in 6th form until you get accepted onto an apprenticeship, at least then you're still working towards something if you don't get onto one.

Staying in 6th form currently wont affect your chances of getting on to one. Especially if you're applying to a college for the apprenticeship.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.