The Student Room Group

Anxiety and feeling judged by others

I would post anonymously... but that doesn't feel right to me.
But at the same time, I feel judged right now (even though I've never posted in here before) and this is the dilemma I have daily.

I just always feel really anxious when I'm around others, constantly panicking that those people are judging me or that I'm going to embarrass myself any moment.

Like, I don't talk much about any problems I have because of this constant fear of judgement that I have! I can't do things like eat in front of others I don't know or those types of things without thinking absolutely everyone is staring at me (even if they're clearly not)! I hate public transport (particularly getting on and off it alone) and other things for the same reason.

I was just wondering if anyone else is like this?
yep 100%, not just you. i feel like this everyday and i wish i could give advice but i struggle too. just know you are not alone x
Original post by Anonymous
yep 100%, not just you. i feel like this everyday and i wish i could give advice but i struggle too. just know you are not alone x

In a way it's good to know I'm not alone.
Sorry to hear you struggle too though.
Yo dude you ain't alone imma be a hypocrite though and say you got this dude just become a grey man. This term is used to describe someone who is so normal that they just blend in and aren't noticed at all. Try to be like that. and trust me you'll be good. Shadow nig*a out.
Original post by AspiringAccount
Yo dude you ain't alone imma be a hypocrite though and say you got this dude just become a grey man. This term is used to describe someone who is so normal that they just blend in and aren't noticed at all. Try to be like that. and trust me you'll be good. Shadow nig*a out.

You see this is what I really want to be. I dont want to be noticed by anyone!!
Original post by independentx
You see this is what I really want to be. I dont want to be noticed by anyone!!

So why don't you try it. Just survey the looks of a normal student and try to dress and act like em mimic the norms. You'll be fine. Make sure not to be overly creepy bout it though. I hope you get through this if you do decide to become a grey man let me know how it goes.
Original post by independentx
I would post anonymously... but that doesn't feel right to me.
But at the same time, I feel judged right now (even though I've never posted in here before) and this is the dilemma I have daily.

I just always feel really anxious when I'm around others, constantly panicking that those people are judging me or that I'm going to embarrass myself any moment.

Like, I don't talk much about any problems I have because of this constant fear of judgement that I have! I can't do things like eat in front of others I don't know or those types of things without thinking absolutely everyone is staring at me (even if they're clearly not)! I hate public transport (particularly getting on and off it alone) and other things for the same reason.

I was just wondering if anyone else is like this?

I know exactly how you feel. I'm currently at uni and I get this constant feeling that I'm being judged even when I'm walking by myself on the street. It also doesn't help that I am incredibly shy which may be the reason why I've struggled to make close friends and it just feels like I'm all alone. I want to seek help but I'm too scared as I don't usually open myself up to anyone.
Yeah I used to have real bad anxiety too but one day I just got up and though **** it, you can’t pay bills with other people’s opinions. Be you
Original post by theycallmebecca
I know exactly how you feel. I'm currently at uni and I get this constant feeling that I'm being judged even when I'm walking by myself on the street. It also doesn't help that I am incredibly shy which may be the reason why I've struggled to make close friends and it just feels like I'm all alone. I want to seek help but I'm too scared as I don't usually open myself up to anyone.

For me the fear of judgement is why I don’t seek help.

I totally get that about walking down the street... I’m still at school but even doing the 5 minute walk from the bus to my school makes me extremely anxious (and I have to do it every single day)!!

Quick Reply

Latest