Turn on thread page Beta

Best products for acne scarring? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've struggled with spots for a few years now, and the last year or so my skin has got considerably worse. I wouldn't say I have acne, but my skin is something I am very self conscious of. It isn't so much my spots that bother me, rather the scars and pigmentation I am left with- when I have a spot it always marks my skin!

I have been on antibiotics from the doctors (oxytetracycline) , but that was a long time ago and I didn't really take them properly, I would forget and so that might be why I didn't feel that they worked well. I have tried so many skincare products, and I have been using benzoyl peroxide cream for about a month now so it is a bit early for me to tell a difference.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either spot treatment or scarring? I have combination skin and it is quite sensitive. Thankyou!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by CharlotteHudders)
    I've struggled with spots for a few years now, and the last year or so my skin has got considerably worse. I wouldn't say I have acne, but my skin is something I am very self conscious of. It isn't so much my spots that bother me, rather the scars and pigmentation I am left with- when I have a spot it always marks my skin!

I have been on antibiotics from the doctors (oxytetracycline) , but that was a long time ago and I didn't really take them properly, I would forget and so that might be why I didn't feel that they worked well. I have tried so many skincare products, and I have been using benzoyl peroxide cream for about a month now so it is a bit early for me to tell a difference.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either spot treatment or scarring? I have combination skin and it is quite sensitive. Thankyou!
    Can you go back t your GP and ask to see a dermatologist?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried natural products like Jojoba oil, Raw Manuka honey (a bit pricey, so I use Raw Thyme Honey now) or Apple Cider Vinegar. I used these to get rid of my acne, which hit particularly hard at 15-16. Oils to put acne prone skin might seem scary but there's some that are really good, jojoba oil has been popular for so long but still doesn't get enough recognition.

Another big thing was my diet and water drinking, I always use to think that it would make no difference since my skin is external and what I eat doesn't make much of an impact, but it was a clear difference after a few weeks of cutting down on dairy (didn't really have much anyway apart from a but of milk in my tea) and just being healthier and drinking LOTS of water. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

nothing works, sorry. i've looked into this.

ReputationRep:

Put honey on your face it will eat through the top layer of skin and reveal fresh skin underneath

take zinc supplements and put nappy rash cream on your face, it's mostly zinc as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurani61105)
    Have you tried natural products like Jojoba oil, Raw Manuka honey (a bit pricey, so I use Raw Thyme Honey now) or Apple Cider Vinegar. I used these to get rid of my acne, which hit particularly hard at 15-16. Oils to put acne prone skin might seem scary but there's some that are really good, jojoba oil has been popular for so long but still doesn't get enough recognition.

Another big thing was my diet and water drinking, I always use to think that it would make no difference since my skin is external and what I eat doesn't make much of an impact, but it was a clear difference after a few weeks of cutting down on dairy (didn't really have much anyway apart from a but of milk in my tea) and just being healthier and drinking LOTS of water. Good luck!
    Thats so helpful thank you so much! There is a Manuka honey mask I've been looking at so I might purchase it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Can you go back t your GP and ask to see a dermatologist?
    That will be my next point of call but where I live, it is extremely difficult to get an appointment and I just wanted to see if anyone could offer any recommendations before I attempt to get one!

ReputationRep:
    Thats so helpful thank you so much! There is a Manuka honey mask I've been looking at so I might purchase it!
    Would love to know how the current interests are working for you. Because i have1 that works for me like a holy grail. But if you are trying all these other products no point me suggest this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeStudent)
    Put honey on your face it will eat through the top layer of skin and reveal fresh skin underneath

take zinc supplements and put nappy rash cream on your face, it's mostly zinc as well

Thankyou so much, ill try it!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much, ill try it!

honestly, as someone who was plagued with spots from the age 13, going from clearasil > prescribed creams > antibiotics > roaccutane; researching all abrasive scar treatments for years, and now in my mid-to-late 20s, i can tell you the only solution for acne scarring is coming to terms with it as part of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumjum)
    Would love to know how the current interests are working for you. Because i have1 that works for me like a holy grail. But if you are trying all these other products no point me suggest this
    What is it that you use? I'm open to suggestions!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.