Turn on thread page Beta

Should I do an extra GCSE language if I find it hard and won't speak it in future? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently preparing fot my GCSE's and I have been give an option to do an extra GCSE qualification in Chinese. I've been doing it for a while now and I'm not enjoying it as much as I would like and I find it very hard. I know that I will probably forget it in the future and will only have the qualification not the skill.

Is it worth doing it just for the sake of an extra GCSE?
    Will having a Chinese GCSE make a difference when applying to university?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't take it if you don't enjoy it 100% but I had to do a language but didn't really do well in it but I've sort of learnt to like it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm already doing a GCSE in Spanish and Chinese was an extra that I got offered. As I said, it's not a subject I like and I'm questioning whether to quit after 1.5 years of doing it.
    I know I will have to study hard for it and I don't want it to affect my revision in other subjects.
    I'm just not sure if I should carry on just for the sake of another GCSE? Will it look good on a CV and boost my opportunity to get into a good university (like Oxbridge), or will it not make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    All A* would look better than an 1 extra subjects that might eventually mess up your overall grades. Don't do it unless you're 100% sure it's manageable.
    Trust me, it wouldn't be worth it unless you'll definitely need it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I’ll take that into consideration. Thank you.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.